WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“The breakfast was way below average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Painted Lady Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
A Painted Lady Inn
Ranked #20 of 38 Portland B&B and Inns
Beaverton, Oregon
“The breakfast was way below average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

I look forward to going to bed and breakfasts for two reasons. The building is usually very nice and interesting looking, and the breakfasts are wonderful. Well, not at the Painted Lady.
She said we'd eat at 9:00. Nothing was happening in the kitchen until 9:05. By 9:15, breakfast was served. Not much effort there at all. It consisted of boring scrambled eggs with nothing in them, seven raspberriers, coffee, some cheap cider, and some round tasteless scones, very disappointing. We were never asked if we wanted more of anything, but coffee.
I would never go back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TrevorAlaine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Wilmington, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

I travelled 8,500 miles this summer through national parks and stayed in a wide variety of places. This scores near the top!

The property is located in a historic neighborhood, a few blocks walk from great places to eat and visit. Jody's home is a two story charmer beautifully dressed in lovely antiques. I stayed in a downstairs bedroom down the hall from the bathroom that featured an authentic old porcelain tub with claw feet! Wonderful ambiance.

Breakfast was delicious and I enjoyed my fellow guests. I was treated like a good friend and I was sorry to leave. I had two superb meals at Milo's, one of the owner's favorite hangouts.

I was en route from Crater Lake to Mt. Rainier so I did not visit Portland itself.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank SandraWilmington_NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

Lovely house and a very friendly innkeeper who makes your stay as wonderful and relaxing as it gets.

• Stayed July 2011
north carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed at here in August 2010 and rented the whole inn with our family. The owner was very helpful in making arrangements before we arrived and gave good information so we knew what to bring and how to select rooms for our group. The rooms were carefully decorated in the Victorian style.

The location is great, it's on a nice residential street and close to several restaurants. Parking was easy too.

We had several young children in our party and that was fine, but I think this B&B is better suited for adults and older children. We had to be vigilant to keep them from breaking things, for example.

I'm not a B&B fan in general, but we enjoyed the Painted lady as a place we could all stay with a common living and dining area.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank fsquaash
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

We like to stay here with Miss Jodi. She makes the best breakfast and there is always astounding fruit served as part of it. The house is really lovely and super close to coffee and really good food. The Loyd center mall is a few blocks away if you like that kind of thing. Overall I would say go see Jodi and enjoy the super quiet neighborhood and the good food. If I had to find something I didn't like I would have to fabricate it, this place is about as comfy as it gets, and the beds are divine.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Captious
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

I have to say I have stayed here Many times (Lets see 5) and I return every time as Jody is very sweet and easy to get along with, Great neighborhood and close to may things, including the Train to downtown.
Some Great coffee houses and places to eat nearby, Pix Dessert (CHOCOLATE) IS Fantabulous.
I always love coming here as I love the Decor she has, Victorian Furniture and Its absolutely a stunning home.

She will help you locate stuff to do and go out of her way to make sure you have a Great time. There are Many B&Bs in Portland and this by far is one of my favorites, I have stayed in 4 of them. I like that she is Relaxed and Low Key with her Guests and Really like the privacy she allows to happen when needed, some B&Bs are always in your business and trying to hard to make sure everything is right. Hmm
When I go on a Trip, I like both Privacy and Interaction Jody does that best!

I hope to stay here again by end of summer and always know that I have a Place to "Call HOME away from Home"

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank innharmony
Alna, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

First of all, the B&B was closed even though we called ahead of time. Our room was furnished with furniture your grandmother should have had in a yard sale with years ago. We had backaches from the terrible mattress! The bathroom was "seedy" and unsavory with burgundy towels. Yak!! All of the public areas had old Victorian furniture that was not very pleasing.Very dark and gloomy. One redeeming feature: the breakfast was good. This was not worth the $120 + tax.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank epew3535
apaintedladyinn, Owner at A Painted Lady Inn, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
I don't know that this review is from a guest that has stayed at A Painted Lady Inn, since I have not had any guests from Maine in the last three months. The room that we have that rents for $119 has a fireplace, a $5000 hand knotted persian rug, a full size sofa that I payed $5000 for, an antique armour, two Wallace Nutting prints, a $400 victorian lamp shade, an original oil painting of a flaminco dancer that I got in Mexico and payed $1000 for and the bed is the Westin Heavenly bed that is not five years old, which we get compliments on all the time! The commom areas have four other persian or needlepoint rugs, very expensive down sofas and antique french furniture. We have a collection of original art by Sabzi including six origianl pieces in the common areas as well as a large collection of Roseville and Weller pottery. To say that the house is poorly appointed is rediculous, so I would dare to say these guests did not stay here.