“Consistently excellent”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Unlike most repeat-restaurants, where I find something I like and order it every time, at Helser's I am working my way down the menu because EVERYTHING is wonderful. And the wait staff is so cheerful and pleasant and helpful. They never seem put off by the fact that when the place is full they have to squeeze like otters between tables. This is one place in Portland where I know I can bring guests and they will rave.

There are newer reviews for Helser's on Alberta

Reviewed April 12, 2013

A bit of a drive to get here but well worth it! The restaurant is very busy. The service is friendly and professional. The portions, HUGE!!!! We could have easily shared 1 order. We had the Salmon Hash and the Pepper Bacon Hash. Both excellent.

1  Thank LovesFunSun
Reviewed March 30, 2013

On our way out of Portland we stopped in the lovely Alberta St neighbourhood to grab breakfast. Helser's was not too busy at 10am on Saturday, but as we sat there it got VERY busy. If you have to wait, there's self serve coffee at the front door and they'll give you a cup to get you started. The service was excellent, everyone was on the ball and not flustered with the morning rush. I ordered the potato pancakes with a Scotch egg. Anyone with an English background will know what a Scotch egg is and they were GREAT here. My wife had a gluten free breakfast that was a twist on eggs benedict but the bread was made from black beans, very different but very tasty. My 12 yr old daughter got a side of toast and a side of bacon. She said it was the best bacon she's ever had. I'd love to try all the rest of their items, sadly we don't live in Portland. This is a non touristy, locals kind of place...highly recommended. Arrive early!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

They have great early bird specials and the service was good. We ended up eating breakfast here because Tin Shed was too crowded and were surprised that the food was sooo much better. Would definitely visit again if in the area.

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

This is a small busy breakfast lunch place in a fun neighborhood. Everything we had was excellent; egg and ham Benedict, French toast, salmon hash. The crumpets are great. Yummy place with a great vibe.