“According to a customer...”
Review of Briarwood Suites

Briarwood Suites
Ranked #106 of 141 Hotels in Portland
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
“According to a customer...”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

The hotel is fabulous in comparisson of the price and it was recently updated and its nice shouldnt look for another place to stay since all the hotels are a lot more expensive and this is significant cheaper but its a really good place to stayed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
PdxValueInns, Guest Relations Manager at Briarwood Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you Jose for choosing TripAdvisor to share your experience at our hotel. We were happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us. We were also pleased to see that you felt that our rates were inexpensive for the value you received. If there is anything you think that we could be doing better, or any other areas that we could improve our service we would like to hear from you. We can be contacted at guestrelations@briarwoodsuites.com. We hope to see you back again whenever you visit Portland.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 14, 2014

From the outside Briarwood Suites did not look very appealing. In fact was sceptical about picking this place to spent the night. Did not have reservations but got a room on the first floor. Room was very clean, every piece of furniture looked new. Carpet was very clean, shower was super clean, in fact loved the seamless shower tub as no unsightly moldy grout. Bed was really comfortable..not too soft and not too hard. Hotel was located amongst houses in a residential area. Therefore extremely peaceful and quiet. Right next door to the hotel was a Chinese restaurant. Did not try it but according to owner, food was good and he ate there often. Very friendly person and he also recommended some good Indian Restaurants as we love Indian food. Definitely will pick this place to stay the next time we are in this area.

Room Tip: Wifi was good.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Anne we appreciate you using TripAdvisor to share your opinion about your stay with us. First we would like to apologize that the exterior of the hotel is not all that it could be. Remodels and upgrades are always ongoing however. We were certainly delighted to see that you were so pleased with the quality of your accommodations as well as the service you received. Our goal is to make sure that each of our guests can relax and enjoy themselves in clean and comfortable surroundings where they can depend upon our staff for friendly and attentive service. It is always nice to hear when we have succeeded. If there are areas that you feel we could improve, we would be happy to hear any suggestions you might have. We can be contacted at guestrelations@briarwoodsuites.com. We look forward to serving you again whenever your travels bring you back to the City of Roses.
Twin Falls, Idaho
Reviewed January 28, 2014

It all looked ok on the outside but as I went to my room it was very sub standard. The room smelled like dirty socks. Carpet had stains on it. I would not recommend this hotel. The hotel is very out dated with old televisions. No extra towels for showering. The bathroom doors paint was chipping off. The quilt had stains on it. The refrigerator did not work It was unplugged when I checked in I did plug it in and it did not cool a bit.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank RussellMarshall

Travelers are raving about these Portland hotels

North Carolina
Reviewed January 4, 2014

A little sub standard and according to my sister who lives in the area and there is a prostitution problem nearby. So when my cousin came in late from a bachelor party, our hotel phone rang within 7 seconds of him entering the room. I thought I had booked a double occupancy, but apparently I had not. He was an UNREGISTERed guest according to the guy on the phone and he even told my cousin he was trespassing. My cousin went to the office and paid a 15 dollar fee so that he could just get some rest. Now I am just about the most law abiding normal non prostitute type person around and my cousin is also All American looking. Shouldn't judge a book by it's cover I know, but darn, it was a bit extreme. Big brother is definitely watching. They have video cams everywhere, which is kind of good, but after this incident it made me wonder why. Are all the cams because of crime? Anyway, this was my first night there and due to a packed schedule for a wedding, moving hotels wasn't an option. I felt awkward after this incident and even the next day the staff at the front desk was all over me about getting my license plate, even though I already filled out a card with make, model etc... And I always parked right near lobby so they could obviously see it was my car. Would not stay again. Going back to Portland in April. Will find another place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Hbj33blue
Seattle
Reviewed October 16, 2013

An older motel with large rooms located away from most major attractions. The room was comfortable, but many small things were in need of attention as the place was showing a lot of wear and tear. At least it was quiet, unlike many of the similarly priced offerings near the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chiwaukum
Carson City, NV
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The place is fairly clean and has the infrastructure of a good room layout, however, it is worn and broken down. The refrigerator and microwave did not work... no matter what I was told to do. The towels I finally got were still wet. The internet was up and down and could not be stabalized. The door had been busted in and was only barely tacked back in place. While I was pleased that the place was quiet, the neighborhood is very mixed and the street is a rather busy. I felt safe, but I wouldn't walk the neighborhood at night. I had numerous family members trying to use this place as a home base for a funeral. A couple of the high-end family members simply didn't check in. While the reservation staff were VERY helpful, the owner wanted to charge for a one hour late checkout, despite the fact I had brought 7 families to stay there. Ridiculous!

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms at the top of the stairs.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family