Quality Inn & Suites Airport
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
$159
$171
Dossier(Portland)
$200
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroom was cleanpark and flyroad noisemax stationfront desk staffoutdoor poolrental caran early flightthe shuttle driverone night stayup to datelight railking roomfree breakfastmotelmicrowavepdx
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was pleased with my "business King" room at ground level where noise was not an issue and the drapes blocked light well. Even though I had a couple of nights away from Portland at the Pacific coast, I chose to return to this hotel for my last three nights. My room was clean and nicely appointed. The water pressure was very good without being too strong. The Parkrose Transportation Center is about an eight minute walk, without rushing, where either the #12 bus or the Red Line train take you to the city center in about 40 minutes. Staying here saved me $$ versus downtown hotels and the hot breakfast is quite good. This Quality Inn offers complimentary transport to and from PDX.

Staff members are efficient, friendly and helpful. One recommended Elmer's Restaurant, which I could walk to in less than 10 minutes and which provides a hearty meal in a good atmosphere. I had my final dinner here rather than downtown, so that I was not stressed getting back to the hotel before being driven to the airport for my "red eye" flight back East. Once I left my pocketbook in the breakfast room, but the attendant took it quickly to reception. Kudos to the excellent team that works here.

Room Tip: Room 118 was spacious and pleasant. The A/C was not too noisy during the unusual summer-like weather in May. There were three minor things that needed attention, but they posed no real problem. Breakfast is the only meal served here and is included in the price of the room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank HaveANiceStay
GMor179, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for your thorough review.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and even chose to return.
The light rail is wonderful for out of town travels to commute to and from downtown.
Elmer’s is one of the best!
Hopefully we will be able to see you again if you come back through Portland.
Hope the rest of your traveling experience was as pleasurable as your stay here.
Take care!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have nothing but great things to write about this place. I paid about $63 for this room expecting a 2-star place just to sleep, but it was better than some places I've paid $100+. Nice help at the front desk and an immaculate room. A quick trip to the breakfast room in the morning was good, although the coffee wasn't drinkable. Other than that, I would recommend this location to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Greatly appreciate your comment, thank you for writing your review!
The staff in its entirety tries our best. Thank you for taking note.
I will make sure to look into our coffee.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We were on our way from Palm Springs to Vancouver and decided to stay overnight at the Quality Inn, We were surprised that it was only $ 58 for 2, and were impressed with the value for the room and breakfast. Staff were friendly and the room was good for the price.
We would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us!
We are glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with our accommodations!
Thank you for your positive comments.
The Quality Inn & Suites hopes to see you in the near future!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The Quality Inn shares a front desk and a parking lot with the Rodeway Inn at the intersection of Sandy Boulevard, Columbia Ave , and Interstate 205. The Quality Inn is definitely a big step up in quality and comfort from the Rodeway Inn. For an addition 15 or 20 bucks per night, you will get marble countertops, newer furniture , a more comfortable bed , a greatly improved shower, and a complementary hot breakfast.

I have to report that I had a troublesome night's sleep here. It wasn't the road noise, it was the lights from the parking lot. The Quality Inn apparently keeps the parking lot and the outside landings of the hotel brightly illuminated at night as a security precaution. But I have to say they are at the same intensity level as having a car with its headlights on just outside the window all night long. The light from the parking lot was directed from the window down the heavy duty curtains toward the floor and illuminated the room. I admit that I am sensitive to artificial lights when I try to go to sleep, but I this was extraordinary.

I was finally able to sleep soundly when the parking lot lights went off around 5am. The sunrise didn't wake me because even full daylight was less intense than the parking lot at night.

I can recommend the Quality Inn if you are looking for a nice room at a low price. This is a place where you can stay overnight close to the airport, catch the nearby mass transit, or hit the interstate. But I will bring my eye shades if I ever stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for staying with us, and for writing this review. We are a unique airport hotel having the Quality Inn & Suites, as well as operating the Rodeway Inn.
My apologies for the lighting in the parking lot. As you had mentioned it is brightly illuminated, which is an additional safety feature. If you come back through Portland, we would love to have you stay with us again. We can try to find a room, that isn't as close to the pool area, to hopefully avoid the lighting situation.
Hope the rest of your travels was pleasurable!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Someone told me that this hotel is a bargain. My mistake for staying here. Front desk staff was friendly. My room 134 smelled old and mildewy. The carpet was filthy. Even though they are no smoking rooms, people sat on the stairs outside and smoked. The smoke came into my room. Breakfast was a very greasy sausage patty. There is a Jim Dandy burger joint a short walk from the hotel, but it closes early. Ispend your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Can't recommend staying here at all.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank chris1916
GMor179, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I apologies for our other guest not being considerate of those in close proximity to them. We are a 100% non smoking. There are designated outside smoking areas. We will make sure that in future the staff does their property walks on a more frequent basis, which will eliminate this problem. The staff and I pride ourselves in our hotel, and we will make sure that our preventive maintenance is more diligent. Thank you for shedding light on the issues with your room.
Our breakfast offers a wide spread of items such as: sausage patties, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, make your own waffles, yogurt, pastries, non-sweet breads, variety oatmeal, juice, coffee, tea.
There are multiple restaurants within close proximity of our establishment; Jim Dandy’s is one of the best!