“a must stop on your brewery tour...”

Rogue Distillery and Public House
Portland Brewery Bike Tour
Ranked #53 of 445 things to do in Portland
Lake Oswego, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“a must stop on your brewery tour...”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Good food, casual atmosphere, fantastic location in the Pearl District & awesome beers! Limited outdoor seating.

Visited February 2012

Victoria, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Enjoyed the beer, food was ok”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Like other reviewers have said the beer was great and the food was only alright. After eating at several different delicious restaurants in Portland, it was almost disappointing to eat the food here. I guess it just lacked imagination and rich flavour. You could say that's to be expected for pub food but some of our better meals were in public houses/pubs.
Anyways, it's still worth going to if you're in the general area because the beer is great and it has a nice casual atmosphere.

Vancouver, Canada
“Great beer, mediocre food”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I would go to Rogue to have beer, but not for their food. It's mediocre pub food. They try to incorporate their beer into the food menu, but it's not working. My spinach salad sounded good on the menu was a disaster. OK service, but not very attentive.

Tacoma, Washington
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great beer, lousy service”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Love the beer, hated the service. I've been to Rogue several times, and took some colleagues from the East Coast here. All of us are experienced in beers, so we wanted to try something new. Our server (Dominic, and this is the first time I've ever named names in a Trip Advisor review, but this was warranted), appeared to be as interested in serving us beer as mucking our horse stalls. I asked about the Uber Pilsner. "It's a pilsner". One of my colleagues asked about the various IPAs "The Liberty IPA is made with Liberty hops, the Freedom IPA is made with Freedom hops". Sure. We can figure that out. But what are the flavors, and hey, maybe the patrons might like a taste of a couple of them too (like most bars do). But, not any such thing from Mr D. I left him the modern day equivalent of a penny under the glass, a 25 cent tip.

We then went over to Deschutes, and had a wonderful experience there. Yes, it's a bit more touristy, but the servers there were friendly, and the bartender offered several tastes of some of the Deschutes beers that are not available in Tacoma. Since there are several great beer bars in Portland, I'll be taking my money to ones other than Rogue until I hear that they've improved customer service.

Denver, Colorado
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing beer and great food”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

After enjoying Dead Guy Ale for years from a bottle I was excited to finally have some direct from the source. Not disappointed at all! The beer is amazing and the main bar feels like a small local craft brewery. The wait staff were friendly and helpful and the food is superb! Try the Meatball Sandwich.