“Wicked good ramen”

Boxer Ramen
Ranked #285 of 4,959 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 25, 2018

Noodles were cooked perfect, broth was flavorful, pork belly delicious with an add on of pork shoulder and broccoli rabe. Woah- this place is off the hook good.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 12, 2018

Nice place for a quick lunch or dinner of ramen. I ordered the spicy red miso ramen and enjoyed it. Surprised there were several Japanese people dining at the restaurant!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 31, 2018

Its tough to judge a chain restaurant too harshly and my wife and I did enjoy our meals at this location. Some things are taken for granted and we are used to having both veggies and an egg included in our bowls of ramen. At least, for Boxer, the egg was included. I had the spicy ramen and it was, perhaps, just a tad too spicy even on the cold night we ate. My wife had the tonkotsu ramen and thought the soup was well balanced. Hot tea, as an option, would have been greatly appreciated along with the ice water and additional drinks on the menu.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

This was a small, cozy place with a limited, but very yummy menu. The ramen was great and the potstickers and tots were great too. I would recommend it!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

So... there's really no authenticity with the ramen I ordered (the coconut curry ramen) or the okonomiyaki tater tots, but who cares? The ramen bowl was a cool fusion and tasted yummy, and you can't really mess up tater tots. An authentic Japanese ramen meal? No. A yummy meal? Yes. Service was good, Food hit the spot.

Date of visit: February 2018