“Great as expected of Residence Inn” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Portland North Harbour

Residence Inn Portland North Harbour
Ranked #74 of 138 Hotels in Portland
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great as expected of Residence Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We setlled for this after the Residence inn downtown/riverplace rates were much higher. We were glad we did as it was a better stay. We had the 2 bedroomed unit, which was well appointed, always love the kitchenette, fridge, Ironing facilities and TV's in living room, and both bedrooms. We always choose to stay in Residence Inn as we travel as a couple with two children. Enjoyed our stay at North harbour and cant complain about anything.Location was quite close to the airport yet away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Parking is free which is a plus as it can be quite costly depending on the location. we wil certainly return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wema34

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We booked a two-bedroom suite and filled it up with three teenagers and two adults. It was perfect! The kids were attending an event at the Expo Center and easily and safely made the 10 minute walk, using the walking path that connects the hotel to the Expo Center. The morning breakfast was great. While the kids went to their event, my sister and I enjoyed a glass of wine on the outdoor patio. An evening journey to a neighboring pizza place was the perfect solution for the kids' dinner. While there aren't many amenities within walking distance to the hotel, Jantzen Beach offers a grocery store and Starbucks which were essential. Great property. Clean and convenient. The front desk staff could up their service, a bit -- but, otherwise it was a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sleeple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights in May 2013 while in the area on business. I had stayed at the Fairfield Inn right behind it last year in a very small room and for a very comparable price I got a much larger room with a large sitting area, fireplace and full kitchen at the Residence Inn.

Parking is very convenient, with multiple card-key entrances for security purposes. It's well-lighted too. My room was at the back right corner of the building, so it was very quiet. I was right by a staircase and my car was right at the bottom so that was nice.

My Studio King room was incredibly clean and felt brand new. Multiple windows allowed me to keep things bright or dark as needed. There's a huge TV that swivels towards the bed or sitting area as needed. The bathroom area was great, with a large vanity on the outside with a long mirrored closet, while the toilet and shower/tub were in a closed room.

The kitchen was so useful! It had a full-sized refrigerator, a 2-burner stove, a toaster, coffee maker, full sink, full dishwasher, and enough dishes/utensil for anything I wanted to do. There wasn't a full-sized table (which I didn't need), but a 2-person bar with nice stools.

There was also a desk in the sitting area, and a coat-closet by the front door. I felt a little guilty having so much room just for myself, but the price was what I would have paid elsewhere!

The breakfast area was very nice, with a variety of choices. I didn't attend any of the receptions so can't make any comments on that.

The front desk lady was very nice and cheerful.

Within walking distance is a Subway, pizza restaurant and a gas station/mini mart. It is incredibly convenient to downtown, I-5, Jantzen Beach, the river, Vancouver and the airport.

I have no complaints about this hotel at all, and I would gladly stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JennyM777
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

The Residence Inn Portland North Harbor provided a great place for our family to stay while visiting our daughter who attends the University of Portland. The offer a discount rate if you mention the university. We booked the two bedroom suite, which gave us loads of privacy, a full kitchen to make our own meals, and daily breakfast. The front desk even provided stamps for our postcards without charging.....a nice little perk long gone in hotels.

Room Tip: Two bedroom suite is ideal for families, or couples traveling together, each with a complete bathroo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mrspbs
Eugene, Oregon, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

My daughter, two of her friends, and myself all stayed here for 2 nights while prom dress shopping in Portland. It was a bit out of the way of the malls but wasn't bad considering everything. It has an excellent out door area with a basketball court and pool/hot tub.It would have been nice to have the pool and hot tub in doors but the room, service, breakfast and in room kitchen was great. We had a two bedroom and that worked out great for them to have fun and me to have quiet time to relax. The price was cheaper than the other hotels that was just a regular room with 2 queen beds.We weren't there on the nights they do the manager reception so I don't know how that is but otherwise very happy with our stay here.

Room Tip: The two bedroom we stayed in was right buy the elevator and no rooms were near it so it was very qui...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Seekonk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Arrived to find that the two bedroom we reserved was being renovated. No problem - they gave us two one bedroom units for same price. It was clean, quiet, helpful - everything we needed for a week in Portland.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank TomBenoit
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had a very nice stay in a two bedroom suite for the price one usually spends for a regular motel room. The suite was very clean, and it was nice to have two bathrooms and a full kitchen with a full size refrigerator . All of the staff was very nice.

There was a better than normal breakfast buffet and the evening social (drinks and meal of the day) helped us save even more money. The free wireless was sufficient ... not lighting fast, but fast enough. It was also nice to have washer & dryer on the same floor.

Having said all that, I do agree with some reviewers that mentioned the facility is starting to show its age. But taking everything into consideration, it was not enough to bother me at all.

Room Tip: If you prefer a quiet room, ask for a rooms facing east, away from the on-ramp to I-5. I've stay...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family