“A fantastic Diamond in the Rough”
Review of Lakeside Gardens

Lakeside Gardens
Ranked #346 of 442 things to do in Portland
Seattle, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A fantastic Diamond in the Rough”
Reviewed June 19, 2006

When searching for our wedding location and reading page after page about this wedding place and that, all of our hearts settled when we visited Lakeside Gardens.

Tip #1: GO THERE! I dare you. See if your heart will not be swooned by it's glorious landscape, the lovely wedding consultants and even the picturesquely perfect swans under the footbridge.

After working with Chris, our wedding consultant, I have no doubt our wedding day will be flawless. Not only is she fantastic as a planner, but she has creative ideas and perspectives nobody ever brought to the table before. Meet with her briefly and your heart will be at rest in this ever-busy and stressful time.

Tip #2: This place is hassle free - almost all-inclusive. They provide linens, servers and serving utensils, dance floor, speaker system for ceremony, piano, chairs, food, drink, recommendations for any outside vendors, creative tips to make your day special, and most of all, they are looking out for the bride and groom's best intrerest. WOW! What a surprise.

Tip #3: consider chair covers. Although a splurge (ours was a VERY tight budget of $10,000), look at pictures of receptions at Lakeside with chaircovers. Their chairs arae fine if you are into teal, but if not, the covers are fantastic!

Tip #4: all things at the ceremony are WHITE WHITE. The chairs are bright white, the unity table is bright white, the gazebo is bright white and so is the entrance pagoda. I have an ivory dress and that is the only thing I am nervous about. But I will be draping tulle like there's no tomorrow, so it will be okay.

Other than that, Lakeside is fabulous. I am planning my wedding from Seattle, and to have such a fantastic venue makes my life so much easier!

5 Thank STTL_WKND_TRVLR