“Love this place - What an amazing concept!”

McMenamins Kennedy School
Ranked #1 of 215 Nightlife in Portland
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We love all the Mcmenamins hotels throughout Portland. Certainly a highlight for us! Make some more we love these places! Kennedy School would rate second only to Edgefield for us! Great kitschy rooms! Loved it! Highly Recommended!

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Although the site was interesting, the food was only average and our 14 and 16 year old daughters were not allowed in the evening movie ( not mentioned in any site ads).

In general, a large taxi fare for a disappointing evening

Reviewed July 22, 2011

We went for dinner and were so glad that we had a long wait for a table because we got to visit most of the school while we were waiting. It is so fun and I would recommend that everyone go for at least a drink. The food was great and the service excellent. I did not see any hotel rooms, but looked at them on the website, and they look nice. The location of the hotel is not great for a visit to Portland, but I think it would be fun to stay for one or two nights if you have a car. It is close to the airport. With the room rate you get a ticket to the theatre, which looks fun, and they have a small pool. There is a fun gift shop, too.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I loved spending my night drinking a beer in the boiler room and walking around the Kennedy school. The way that they redid the building is incredible and a must see. I would rate it a must see for the building alone, but there is a fun bar with great selection. Certainly a fun way to spend a night in Portland.

1  Thank wgkealey
Reviewed June 19, 2011

This Kennedy school is a must visit in Portland. It's a former elementary school that was renovated and now has: hotel rooms in the former classrooms, the gym now hosts concerts, a restaurant, multiple bars and a movie theater.
I took a friend from out of town to the Kennedy school on his visit to Oregon & he said it was one of the coolest parts of his trip.
Make sure to grab a drink in the boiler room bar, the school's former boiler room that is now one of the bars!

4  Thank jfktraveling