“Beautiful!”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Beautiful especially in the spring! Great place for photo spot. Great place for a picnic too. The roses are amazing and if you like tennis they have several courts.

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
Kansas City, Missouri
209 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 254 helpful votes
“My second-favorite Portland Rose garden!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Another reviewer referred to this as a “little garden,” but there’s nothing little about it as it’s bigger than several football fields and one of the largest rose gardens I’ve ever seen. On the late afternoon of our first day in Portland, we were looking for something else to see before heading to our hotel and decided to visit this place. It is a huge rectangular garden sunken eight the ten feet from road level, and is laid out very formally with criss-crossing quadrant paths, an outer perimeter path, and a large, 100+ year-old fountain in the center. To the side, there’s a large gazebo-type structure and around the upper edge, there’s another walkway with many shaded benches. There’s many varieties and colors of roses. Besides other people walking around, there were people laying on the grassy paths reading and a wedding party came along as we were visiting. I was surprised to learn later that friend from Portland wasn’t even aware of this place. We probably stayed here walking around and taking photos for about 45 minutes. As impressed as I was with this garden, I liked the International Test Rose Garden in Washington Park better because of it’s hillside location, less formal layout, and the plethora of activity going on there when we visited. But this place was certainly worth seeing as well.

Visited July 2012
Portland, Oregon
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Love this park”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The only park I like better is Laurelhurst. I might be biased because I live a block from Peninsula Park but it is a great place to chill. Literally stop and smell the roses. Great varieties. Great jogging path and ball fields. Playgrounds are nice and big. Only thing missing is a dog area. What's the deal with that? It must be the only park in Portland without a place for my pup to run.

Visited February 2013
Vancouver
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Beautiful Park”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a family reunion here. Lots of room for the kids to run and play and shady areas for picnic dinners.

Portland, Oregon
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful rose garden”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I loved the sunken garden with roses blooming every where. The fountain was a wonderful addition. The gazebo/band stand above the garden would be a great place to hear a band. What a beautiful setting for any visit.

Visited June 2012