“Awesome”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Awesome brats, dogs, beer, and sammys. 100 characters so here it is Awesome tasty goodness in a bun. Eat drink and eat a nother bratwurst.

There are newer reviews for Otto's Sausage Kitchen and Meat Market

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I’ve been frequenting Otto's for almost 20 years and never have I had a mediocre sausage. If you like a German style deli with a great selection of sausages, smoked meats, smoked fish, deli meats and other goodies, this is the place. I make it a quest to seek out smoke-houses in my travels across the US, and I have yet to find better quality meats than Otto's; bigger selection, yes, more variety, yes, but none better quality than Otto's. Not only does this place have a great little family run market, but during lunch they grill up dogs right on the sidewalk, with sidewalk tables for seating. On a nice day (any day at Otto's) it’s such a treat to sit at one of the tables, sharing good conversation and an excellent meal. And yes, it gets better; they have a fabulous selection of deli sandwiches if you're not feeling like a sausage.

Stop in for lunch, tell Gretchen (the owner) hello, and pick up something for dinner. Warning: it may be habit forming!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Everything was fresh and fast. The taste was excellent and the atmosphere is so upbeat and genuine I love just being there.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The sausages at Otto's are to die for. Regardless of weather you can find them out grilling on the corner daily. Giant fresh sausages at a great price. Yum!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I used to own a restaurant and order German Sausages from Seattle. Now that we have settled in Portland, for the time being, we've been searching for German sausages in the area. Otto's are not bad but since our visit there we've founs a few better. My first impression on our first visit to Otto's is that the place did not look very sanitary, maybe it's been or going downhill ? Some of the meats in their deli coolers looked as though they ahd been there a few days and was time to toss them. Overall the few sausages we purchased to try at home weren't bad but have found other more appealing sources.