“Great food, Great atmosphere, Great service”
Review of Touche Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Touche Restaurant and Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Pearl
Cross street: Between 14th and 15th Ave.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Four of us went to Touche the other day and had a great meal. The calamari appetizer, baked ravioli, and chicken saltimbocca were all fantastic! Everything was well seasoned, flavorful, and came out hot. The atmosphere is full of rich browns and is quasi-european, very comforting. The service is attentive, but purposefully slow. This isn't somewhere you want to eat before a night at the theater, but instead a place to go when a two hour meal and visit with friends is in order. Our server was always available, and checked in periodically, but we never felt rushed or hurried. In all, I'd very much recommend Touche for a drawn out, well cooked meal with friends.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The piano bar with singer Saturday night made the night for my wife and I. The service, the food - roasted chicken with caesar salad and drink list was just fine. I used to live on 21st and Johnson many moons ago and remembered the room as we wandered the upper Pearl district. Lucky to catch live music...

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We ordered our starters and I had the "special" which was risotto with asparagus and my husband ordered a cheese, meat and olive starter.
My risotto was not nice. A really horrible taste(packet mix, maybe) and the asparagus was inch long, rock hard pieces of the end of the stalk. No tasty tips.
My husbands starter came with a single olive and when he questioned the waiter he brought some more over.

I sent my starter back and was told we wouldn't be charged.

Then, before my husband had finished his starter, our main courses arrived. When we asked if they'd mind waiting for us to finish our starter the waiter said that our main courses were ready. My husband pointed out that maybe the food should be served at our convenience and not the chef.

With my main course I ordered a green salad. This tasted like it had come from an out-of-date ready prepared bag and was limp. The raw carrots were completely dried out and the tomato was unripe. I sent it back. My husbands main course was mediocre.

However, my kids and I all had pizza which was very tasty.

From the dining area in the restaurant you can see into the kitchen and most of the time there was no-one in there cooking. All I saw them make were the pizzas. I think the other food is either packet made or put in the microwave. Not good. I don't think there is actually a chef.

The waiter was very good and not really surprised by our comments.

The restaurant was also cold and dark.

1  Thank MsBScott
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The first thing that hit us was the smell. It was like moldy wet carpets. It was terrible. The restaurant downstairs was very cold. The servers were nice but very slow. We started with calamari which was very good. It was pan-fried with capers, crushed chili flakes, garlic, parsley and fresh lemon. I ordered the Risotto of the day which was spinach and onion. It was pretty good. My partner ordered prawns sautéed with Cognac, paprika, basil and cranberries and a touch of cream, served with arugula, feta cheese, red onions and Basmati rice. It was kind of bland I thought but she thought it was fair. The servings were large and she had a lot of prawns in her dish. There was nothing special and will not go back. The smell was too much

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Do not spend your time and money here. Main Item on menu not available, marginal wait staff, Rib eye steak completely inundated in Chianti reduction, lamb chop mostly bone, $20 chicken tough w/ many rib bones. One saving grace - decent banana flambe for two, however, it was served in one large serving bowl and waitress had to be prompted to bring us individual dishes. Good espresso. Including appetizer and drinks, tab for 2 - $91.00. Portland has many fine restaurants - this is not one!