“Beautiful”

and up
Downtown Portland Walking Tour
Ranked #29 of 452 things to do in Portland
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This library is one of the historical highlights in Portland. The interior is peaceful and serene; an especially great place to be on a rainy Portland afternoon.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Living in Portland for close to 20 years now, I am a daily user of the public library. I can't begin to say how lucky I feel we are in Portland where there is such an incredible library system. . In addition to visiting the library and its branches, the online website is very complete. Whenever I find a new book or DVD that I would like to enjoy, I am able to put it on my wait list and son I have a notice to pick it up. It s very important tat we all support our libraries.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The staff were always very helpful and friendly. I love the old building and the history that you feel in there!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The building has a sense of grandeur about it - both from outside and inside. The high ceilings are no big deals libraries - I loved the lighting - a mix of historic and modern. In fact, while I was walking by, I saw the lights through the all windows and came in. I am glad I did.

I didn't have time enough to go through the books, but I thought the sections were well organized and especially the children section was very well done (I have two kids hence the special mention). The staff was very friendly.

My only concern was a significant number of people who loitered around the entrance - probably the only reason being to use the bathroom facilities. Some had cigarrettes stuck to their ears. They were non intrusive though.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Had very helpful and kind service here. AND all the books I was looking for had been available. Lovely experience.