“Almost Perfect”

Neighborhood: Downtown
candle1976
“Almost Perfect”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Myself and three colleagues did lunch at Paddy's. My second time at the place, having been 6 years before, and the food was as good as ever. Two gaffes with the server, having a clumsy day, but no real harm/foul. Would go to again.

Visited June 2013

Lakebay, Washington
“Food was good but poor service!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Location is great in the downtown area! They have a good happy hour and good food.
We had the shepards pie-small but tasty. We also had the burger-good.
The waitress seemed as though she did not want to be there.
We had to ask for more water, another drink and our tab.
Nice outdoor seating.

• Visited May 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“A quick dinner”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Paddy's wasn't terrible but I wouldn't go back. My boyfriend and I went during happy hour for food and were excited to get such a good deal. The portions ended up being a lot smaller than we had anticipated. I got the bacon and chives mac and cheese and he got shepard's pie. The food was good but not amazing. The service on the other hand was lacking. Paddy's was far from being busy and yet our waitress wasn't very friendly or attentive. It seemed like this place didn't care whether we were there or not and that's not how you treat your customers.

• Visited April 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Irish woman not welcomed”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife is currently on a business trip in Portland for 2 weeks. She is Irish and missing home and the husband. I researched Irish bars so she could call in and visit a familiar environment, a home from home. Paddy's bar was an obvious choice due to location and it appeared to me to be the most authentic and was a good location to the hotel.

She called in on her own expecting a warm reception and was greeted by a waitress and was asked for id. My wife unfortunately didnt have her passport on her, slight oversight but explained that she was in Portland on business and married. The manager was called for and my wife showed him a photo of her passport on her iphone, this however was not enough. (My wife is 27 and looks very much over 21)

This is not my gripe, but the way in which she was dismissed was. My wife said no one was exactly rude to her, but there was none of the Irish hospitality shown and she felt like a scorn child being shown the door. I am now looking up alternative pubs/restaurants for her to visit and I certainly will not come here if I visit Portland. We are both very disappointed about this judging by the other user reviews. You would think an Irish person would have be welcomed in with open arms.

• Visited April 2013
Medford, Oregon
“St Patricks Day Party”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were there to celebrate the traditional St patricks day festivities but so were 300 "other folks". Yea kinda crazy, at times real crazy so the slow service was justified in a "zoo" atmosphere. The employees were doing their best, but they were swamped and yes true to Portland weather, it was cold and raining. The portable patio was a fantastic idea and saved the day. The Irish food selections were just ok and the portions small for the price. I'll go back some other time to try a "real shepards pie" when the tourists have gone home and it is a normal environment.

• Visited November 2012