“Not very Irish”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Coos Bay, Oregon
“Not very Irish”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I was disappointed in this place :( The outside of the building is amazing and very clean but as soon as you walk in you hear Hip Hop Music playing. There are no Irish people working either. I guess I was expecting something more authentic since it is the oldest Irish pub in Portland.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Stacey M

Oregon City, Oregon
“Fun place, good food, too expensive”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stopped at Paddy's for lunch before heading to a concert. We ordered two salads; the tortelini and arugula and the Caeser with chicken. The arugula salad was nicely displayed, but only had tomatoes with it. There were approximately 8 pieces of tortelini. The salad was $11.00- a bit much for greens and a few pieces of pasta. There was more of the Caeser salad, but with chicken cost $14.00! A bit much for what we got.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank 123Desi
Victoria, Canada
“What a blast!! Good food too”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We only went for a beer but ended up staying the night watching the baseball game and havng dinner. Paddy's was packed with the professional crowd but they left only to be replaced by a more social eveing casual crowd. My husband had a traditional Irish meal, corned beef and potato and I had a simple salad; both good. A great beer selection and OMG....Have a 16 oz Lemon Drop!!!! My new favorite drink. Fun night to say the least

Visited May 2012
Bainbridge Island
“OK, A New Favorite Pub in Portland”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Been a fan of Kell's for years when I visit Portland. Walked passed Paddy's this time around and couldn't resist returning for lunch later in the day. Very much an "Irish Pub" with a nice pour of Harp (not a Guinness fan myself). I took a big gamble and order the Pulled Pork sandwich (rare outside of a BBQ restaurant) - and it was very good. Nice sauce, nice smoked flavor. And the salad was good as well. Waitstaff were attentive - and definitely recommended the Pulled Pork when asked. Next time I'm in town, I'll check out more traditional Irish fare, but for now, I think this place surpasses Kell's. But I'll probably continue to test BOTH for the foreseeable future.

• Visited May 2012
Oregon
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Always fun to eat at Paddy's. Love the atmosphere and the location. Oh, and the food is good too!

Visited July 2011