“Okay breakfast for the price”

Meriwether's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Meriwether's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 4,320 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Transit: Tri-Met bus lines 15,17 and 77
Portland, Oregon
“Okay breakfast for the price”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

After hearing good reviews from others, I decided to try out their weekend breakfast. Really nothing special to say about it unfortunately. Found it about $5 per entree more expensive than it should have been. Service was fine and the potatoes were really good. Had the quiche which was good, but wouldn't get it again. My girlfriend had the sausage, mushroom and gruyere scramble and it was pretty good, but I've had better for less.

• Visited June 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Disappointing food and subpar service”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I went here on a date and, despite the fact that it was cold and rainy out, they would not close the back door. The food was...disappointing. Not bad, but not very good. And it was expensive, which I knew, but I expected the food to be better for the cost. Also, it was hard to get any help.

Portland, Oregon, United States
“Fantastic fresh Northwest food”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Wonderful atmosphere. Outdoor area is very nice in summer. Imaginative local dishes. Wonderful cocktails.

Visited November 2012
Moscow, Idaho
“Great Meal, Great Service”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Visiting Portland presents a dilemma: so many good restaurants and so few opportunities to sample the food. We chose Meriwether's because it was close to our hotel. We were surprised to love it so much. We had a sampling of appetizers and everything was delicious but we especially loved the hummus and flat bread. My husband and I had the two different risottos (crab and mushroom) and they were both absolutely wonderful. Our service was terrific throughout, but our server took it to the next level. When our friends called us halfway through the meal to ask if they could join us, our server graciously moved us to a much bigger table. The staff moved all our food and drinks in a seamless way (we didn't even notice!). We never felt hurried or crowded at any point. Can't wait to come back to Meriwethers!

• Visited May 2013
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Such a great space and really want to love it here....but”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We made reservations at Meriwethers on what was supposed to be a beautiful spring night in Portland. I asked for outside patio seats and we were seated after a short wait right next to the fountain. Our server seemed pretty new and we ordered drinks. My Manhattan came a little heavy on the vermouth and my wife's flavored vodka and soda was made with regular vodka. A new one was brought, not sure if it was a mistake or not. We ordered a couple of things from the farm board-the steak bites and seared tuna. Both were good, not remarkable. We then got the Dungeness crab risotto and seared scallops. Both were okay. We opted out of dessert. I really want to like Meriwethers because it's space is amazing. But overall on this visit, we were unimpressed, especially at their prices.

• Visited May 2013