“Food = Great - Service = Awesome - Comedy = Very Funny”

Harvey's Comedy Club and Restaurant
Ranked #2,577 of 4,419 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town - Chinatown
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I and some friends went to Harvey's Comedy Club in the middle of May 2013.
We went to the website and pre-ordered the dinner and comedy night.
We had dinner at 5:30pm and then comedy at 7:30pm which then lasted until 9pm.

Food was delicious - I had the Rib Eye and Baked Potato and Salad.
$49.99 per person got you dinner and comedy ( parking included )

Food was prepared to order - we also had some wings - delicious. The dinner bread was very good and the drinks had plenty of alcohol.

The comedy was funny - had a host/comedian and then two comedians ( including the headliner )

Great night - the place was full - not an open table in the house.

I would recommend this place for dinner and comedy anytime.

Located in downtown Portland Oregon.

1  Thank David A

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I (with another couple) went to the show and had a few drinks and snacks.

First, the show / talent was excellent. I laughed until my sides hurt. The other couple we were with were crying also.

The food was just OK. We will probably have dinner somewhere else before we go next time.

The service was VERY responsive. -Thank you Anne

The drinks were good not great.

prices were OK. show prices were good ($15/ person)

TO HAVE A GREAT NIGHT:
Get reservations, pick up the tickets. Get to the bar an hour before the show and position yourself next to the iron gates. (This is where you enter the showroom from the bar) have a drink (or 2). This should insure you get very good seating. Enjoy and laugh till it hurts.

1  Thank fireinjunjoe
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Get the VIP Package. Gives you a marvelous dinner in a quiet dining room, no standing in lines with hoards of people, and a great table for the show, plus better service. 2nd time we've done the VIP package, and it was great! Best value for dinner and a show.

4  Thank Terry F
Reviewed April 2, 2012

It took us forever to get our food from the bar - but they were getting very busy. Motz stick were good. Pizza was not very good. So don't come for the food - come for the show!

The headliner was amazing - very funny without being obscene (much apreciated since I was with my mother!). The 2 opening acts were, as per usual, uncomfortable and mostly dick jokes, painfully trying to get the audience involved. Oh well. The headliner made up for them! Kermit Apio - check him out!

2  Thank gaskk
Reviewed June 11, 2005

We've been to Harvey's numerous times and always with a big group of friends. However, our last time made us never want to go back again. Half the table not get their food and drinks until halfway through the last act. We did not get an explanation to why this happened. The tables on the either side of us had the same thing happened and when one table tried to cancel their order midaway through the last act, they were told no. When we approached the manager, he showed a nonchalant attitude (and still no apology!). Our bills were charged incorrectly, and once again, when the manager was approached, he did not help and merely told us to find our server. Then he walked away without saying anything else. We have never been treated so badly at a restaurant. If this is the price of free comedy, we would rather pay and get treated like patrons of a restaurant rather than some scum in the bottom of your kitchen sink.

4  Thank Cody T