“Great little spot”

Blue Plum Inn Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Blue Plum Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #26 of 34 Portland B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 9, 2007

We stayed at the inn for two nights. We had the queen room with a private bath. It was a cozy room with a comfortable bed. The house is in historic neighborhood which adds to the ambiance. Our host and hostess (Jonathan and Suzanne) were so friendly and knowledgeable about the area, the history and activities to do. The breakfast was an organic meal full of fresh homegrown ingredients. We had fresh fruit, pastries and crepes. The inn is in a perfect location very close (about 6 easy blocks) to the light rail system. We will again visit Portland and will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hiker114
There are newer reviews for Blue Plum Inn Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed May 9, 2007

The Blue Plum Inn is a friendly, comfortable place to sleep--and EAT--in the charming neighborhood of Irvington. I had been contemplating staying at one of the nearby convention hotels (at Lloyd Center), but the Blue Plum Inn represented a better value and more pleasant experience in many ways. The inn is located in a walkable, residential neighborhood, rather than a wasteland of parking lots (there is plenty of on-street parking available). There's free wireless internet. But the biggest advantages are the delicious breakfasts and the lovely hosts. Suzanne prepared a mouth-watering two-course breakfast every day. Often these breakfasts were substantial enough that they got us through the day until dinner. Moreover, she relies heavily on local ingredients (pears, hazelnuts, cranberries), which is a really nice way to experience the cuisine of the Northwest. We also benefited each day from Suzanne and Jonathan's warm hospitality. They clearly love the Portland area, and they provided excellent advice on where to go and how to get there. Staying at the Blue Plum Inn, you feel more like an honored guest in someone's home than a paying customer at a big hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank mm1978
Reviewed March 7, 2007

What a lovely Portland gem. Suzanne called us several days before arrival to check any concerns, alergies, special considerations that my fiance or I might have. Since neither of us had visted the area before, she was especially helpful with directions, and suggestions for places and things to explore.

One of the things we especially liked about the Blue Plum is it's location... super easy to find, and in easy walking distance to many shops, restaurants, etc.

Breakfast: outstanding, particularly Suzanne's crepes.

• Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank BrandiP
Reviewed November 6, 2006

It rained every day of our visit, but the Blue Plum made it all worthwhile. Our hosts (who quickly became more like friends) couldn't have been more helpful with recommendations, directions, etc. They graciously responded to our requests - and frequently anticipated them - like offering to print our boarding passes and providing a great carry-on breakfast (with thank you note) for our early flight. There were all those little touches that make a B&B stay special. The breakfasts were fantastic, and healthy! The Inn was immaculate. In short, our experience was all that we had hoped for, and more.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank LynneBob
Reviewed November 3, 2006

I returned to the Blue Plum Inn in September and the experience was as wonderful as my previous stays. Comfortable, clean, and quaint, the inn combines a wonderful sense of its historic Irvington neighborhood with hosts Suzanne and Jonathan who are expert in the latest news of what this great city and its environs have to offer -- especially food! They're friendly, welcoming and generous with their time, and will steer you to the best brewpubs, coffee, hiking trails, and restaurants in town. But the highlight of the Blue Plum experience has to be Suzanne's breakfasts -- a start-the-day culinary extravaganza unrivaled by any small B&B anywhere. Fresh local fruit, homemade baked goods, and deliciously creative hearty entrees -- it's truly amazing. Combined with friendly banter with your fellow guests, it's the perfect start to a day in Portland. And there's wine, chocolates, and more delights from Suzanne's kitchen in the afternoon/evening. The Blue Plum is a wonderful inn.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
6  Thank InnGoer49
Reviewed October 31, 2006

As repeat guests, we feel the Blue Plum Inn is right up there with the best of them. Suzanne and Jonathan are friendly and congenial, the breakfast is scrumptious and always offers variety. The rooms offer everything we could desire, including robes for lounging. We like the location for its proximity to Lloyd Center and the Broadway district for shopping and the free Max line to downtown. Suzanne and Jonathan have suggested nearby restaurants for dinner, and interesting events in Portland to enjoy. They even have menus, maps and brochures to help guests plan their visit to Portland and we have frequently seen them reviewing these with other guests.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank janci2011
Reviewed October 27, 2006

Splendid in every way, made more so by the accommodating and friendly owners, Suzanne and Jonathan, who could not have made me feel more welcome or more comfortable. Their spectacular breakfasts were the highlight, each one outdoing the last. It's hard to say whether I was blown away more by the poached pear (an organic Hood River pear, to be precise) with goat milk flan... or the apple clafouti (I'd never heard of it either -- just trust that it was delicious)... or the cherry scones that are a signature item, I understand . . . or the wide selection of teas prepared properly for this fussy teatotaller.
I really appreciated the attention to detail and guest comfort, not only in the food, but also in more mundane matters like towels (large, plush and ultra-absorbant), wireless internet access, and numerous sitting areas so that guests can be in a public area yet enjoy privacy and quiet. My room was lovely and peaceful, not overly prissy as in some B&Bs. The bathroom, though a little on the small side, was attractive and modern; the space was used effciently, and augmented by conveniently situated shelves just outside the bathroom door.
I enoyed the tranquil neighborhood, Irvington, with its myriad restaurants, cafes, bakeries and so forth within an easy walk of the Blue Plum. Guests with children were happy to have a school playground close by.
Despite doing nearly everything themselves and hosting afull house while I was there, Jonathan and Suzanne were always available when advice was needed ... yet they seemed to know when I wanted to be left alone. And when I expressed interest in some of the recipes, out came the cookbook with a few tips in case I did decide to try that clafouti myself.
I've stayed at many B&Bs and I don't always find myself happy that I did, but the Blue Plum has reinvigorated my enthusiasm for the genre. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business