“Great little bed and breakfast!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Plum Inn Bed & Breakfast

Blue Plum Inn Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Blue Plum Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #28 of 35 Portland B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Great little bed and breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2006

My fiance and I just got back from a trip to Portland in which we stayed at the Blue Plum Inn. We got into town around 200 and our room was not quite ready for us but they allowed us to check in early and leave our luggage and they showed us around. The bed and breakfast is in a really cute little neighborhood. There are many little shops, restaurants, and the Lloyd Center shopping mall within walking distance. The house itself was nice and clean. We stayed in the Tulip Room. It had a very comfy bed and nice linens and comforter. The bathroom was attached to the bedroom and looks like it had been completely updated as it had a new toilet, sink, etc. The towels were all nice and white and fluffy and there were nice bathrobes in the closet. There were handmade soaps and shampoo/body wash in the bathroom to use. Suzanne and her husband were very nice and accomodating to us. They had maps of the city out and were always willing to help show us how to get to where we needed to go. Breakfast in the mornings was delicious. Everything was made from local ingrediants and most of it was organic. The traffic outside was somewhat noisy but not too bad. We easily found parking on the street right next to the bed and breakfast. Overall I would highly recommend staying here. THe price was great ($110 per night) for the quality of the bed and breakfast.

Stayed August 2006
9 Thank JenRen

Families
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2006

We recently enjoyed a vacation to the Northwest, staying in three B&B’s in Oregon and one in British Columbia. While staying at each of these B&B’s was a pleasant experience, the Blue Plum Inn stood out above the rest. Others excelled in one way or another, but the Blue Plum Inn excelled overall. We decided it should be in the category of unusually good value, which is another way of saying Blue Plum Inn may be underpriced.

What do I mean when I say they excelled overall? Let me give some examples. The breakfast was excellent, with a delicious fruit course, followed by beautifully done eggs, and sausage on the side so vegetarians could avoid meat if need be. Freshly cut roses from the inkeepers’ garden were used throughout the house, including individual rooms. The entire place was spotless. The staff was extremely courteous. They called ahead to insure everything would be in order. Tea was made just so, steeped for the right time, then kept warm with a cloth warmer. We were offered guidebooks, either to keep or borrow, to help us plan our visit, including an architectural walking tour of their neighborhood. We felt secure, with outside doors always locked, and separate keys for guests’ rooms. Their key rings had a clip to easily attach to my own ring; a nice, convenient touch. The room had fresh custom made blue plum motif soaps. The whole experience was well thought out by the innkeepers, and was excellent overall. We are honored to recommend them to anyone.

Jim and Jane
Alabama

Stayed June 2006
10 Thank NMountain_Traveler
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2004

While on a business trip and first time to the West Coast, it was a joy to find The Blue Plum Inn to stay while traveling. The room was so comfortable and I couldn't wait till breakfast which was special each day with a variety of delicious food!!! Suzanne and Jonathan were so accomandating, offering great advice for sight seeing and making you feel at home. It means so much to travelers when these people share their homes - which are so beautiful, clean and historical! My visit was so enjoyable and the week flew by so fast. Thanks to Innkeepers like Suzanne and Jonathan who take such good care of you while you're away from home!! If I ever get another chance to visit, I would definitively stay at the Blue Plum Inn!!!

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
West Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2004

While I dont usually stay at B & B's because I usually travel with 4 rambunctious sons, I found the Blue Plum Inn so relaxed and inviting that I felt as if I was staying with close friends or family. The innkeepers were gracious and very accomodating for even the most descriminating traveler. Our needs were always met with the utmost enthusiasm. The breakfasts were served at our convenience and specifically prepared with our dietary restrictions in mind. They were more than food, they were a gourmet delight. As an extra plus there is a blue plum tree in the yard and if you are lucky enough to be there at the right time of year you will get to pick a special treat.

• Stayed August 2004