“loved blue plum”

Blue Plum Inn Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Blue Plum Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #25 of 33 Portland B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 30, 2008

stayed three nights last summer and loved it. innkeepers are totally professional yet friendly. breakfast is huge and wonderful, no lunch necessary. great neighborhood, everything close plus 5 min walk to light rail. blue plum stays in my cell.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank vickiron

Reviewed July 1, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Blue Plum Inn for two nights during a week-long vacation to northwest Oregon. Overall, our stay was very good. The highlights were the breakfast and the excellent customer service from the innkeepers. Our only quibble was the lack of an adequate cooling system. Of course, the weekend we visited, the temperature in Portland topped out at a record 100 degrees. Even though the Inn has AC, it was not up to the job of cooling a large house in such heat; as a result, we had trouble sleeping both nights. The innkeeper's suggestion to open the windows was impractical because of road noise. Nevertheless, such weather is rare in Portland and all the other aspects of the stay were quite good.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MI5
Reviewed June 21, 2008

This was the second time I've had the good fortune of being able to make a business trip into a pleasure trip by staying at the Blue Plum Inn. As before, the reservation process was smooth and professional, and the carefully-described driving directions got me there flawlessly. The comfortable building in Portland's walkable (and parkable) neighborhood of Irvington exudes the hospitality and charm imparted by hosts Suzanne and Jonathan who, no matter how busy, always appear calm and happy to help. My room was agreeable, the wi-fi signal strong, the neighborhood quiet... but most impressive of all, the breakfast was made almost entirely from fresh, local, organic ingredients that Suzanne described with obvious pride as she served. Her cooking is innovative but carefully put together, and the portions so ample that I later skipped lunch!

I'm looking forward to my next business/pleasure trip to Portland.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank googolguyoakland
Reviewed January 24, 2008

I made reservations online and received a confirmation call the next morning. Everything sounded just fine until Suzanne asked for my cell phone number. When I balked, (i use it only for outgoing calls, don't have email, and never have it turned on,) she said she'd have to get back to me. Later in the day, Jonathan called and told my wife that he didn't think "he could offer us the experience we were looking for..." I called in the evening, and got the same runaround. Finally Jonathan admitted that he wanted someone who would book the room for two nights, and we had reserved it for one.

Seems to me that updating the website and/or giving us a straight answer in the first place, would have been a more creditible and honest answer. My wife and I have stayed at several B&B's over the years, and have never experienced something like this. Very odd.

Jim Alexander, Poulsbo, WA

Stayed: January 2008
4  Thank tandemriderPoulsboWa
Reviewed November 4, 2007

This B&B is a foodie's dream! Jonathan and Suzanne make, by far, the most amazing breakfast we've ever had. They use local, fresh, organic, seasonal ingredients in innovative, delicious recipes. On our first morning, we started with poached organic Oregon pears served with homemade yogurt and syrup, with backyard mint. Then came freshly baked rosemary biscuits (made with rosemary from their porch) with honey butter. Next was a delicious frittata. Finally, individual apple galettes. When we went out into the world, our hosts gave us excellent advice about where to go, what to do, and where to eat. They also gave us biscuits for the road.

The house is very pretty and our room was comfortable and well appointed. The neighborhood is residential and great for wandering--lots of old, pretty houses with giant rose bushes. The B&B is a short walk from the free light rail (Portland has excellent public transport) and is across the street from a bus stop.

We'll definitely go back again and have already recommended the place to numerous friends and family. What a find!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dlevi
Reviewed October 29, 2007

Loved the Blue Plum Inn. We stayed in the Tulip Room, with extremely comfy bed and decent sized bathroom. Quiet neighborhood with great old interesting houses around. Two blocks from a gelato store and a lovely deli. In the other direction is a shopping area with great wine store, coffee shops (of course, they’re everywhere!), good restaurants (we ate at Milos and I recommend the Dungeness crabcakes, and also at Pastini’s – delicious Italian food). A grocery store is within 4 blocks walk. A large mall is just beyond that. Other restaurants abound. Six blocks from the light rail, which is a free rail line into the city of Portland. I loved the location for the quiet, yet the cool neighborhood feel. Much better than staying downtown somewhere or out at a hotel.

Suzanne and Jonathan cook up incredible breakfasts. I can’t wait to try some of their touches in my own kitchen. Very helpful with directions, suggestions, other B&B suggestions in Oregon. There’s a little fridge to store leftovers if you need to. Parking on the side street is usually no problem. Enjoy! We’d stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IllinoisTraveller
Reviewed June 9, 2007

We stayed at the inn for two nights. We had the queen room with a private bath. It was a cozy room with a comfortable bed. The house is in historic neighborhood which adds to the ambiance. Our host and hostess (Jonathan and Suzanne) were so friendly and knowledgeable about the area, the history and activities to do. The breakfast was an organic meal full of fresh homegrown ingredients. We had fresh fruit, pastries and crepes. The inn is in a perfect location very close (about 6 easy blocks) to the light rail system. We will again visit Portland and will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple