“Wow.”
Review of clarklewis

clarklewis
Reserve with OpenTable
clarklewis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #292 of 4,292 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Taylor
Description: Clarklewis creates delicious, hand-crafted Northwest cuisine with Italian and French influences, and proudly support local, organic farms. With exquisite farm-to-table ingredients, Clarklewis is a sophisticated gem on the creative frontier of Portland's unpolished Inner Eastside in the industrial district. The chefs offer an ever changing seasonal menu that features fresh from the market produce. Chef Alex Diestra's hearty dishes from the wood-fired rotisserie find their perfect complement in the fresh, unmanipulated flavors of the best in local produce.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Wow.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The servers were so fun and so nice. The food was amazing and there was so much of it, but I couldn't stop eating!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Kathryn R

Oregon
“Finally made it to a fabulous restaurant”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Been meaning to hit ClarkLewis for years. Finally made it and wasn't disappointed. Cool ambiance, yummy food. Left me wanting to come again since I couldn't eat all that looked good on the menu.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank travllovr521
vancouver, wa
“Good for special night out”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Been there a couple of times, good service, great menu, nice atmosphere, not cheap , but worth every dime. A good place for a special date night .

Visited September 2012
1 Thank scooter44_9
Portland, Oregon
“Clarklewis May Be Too Impressed by Clarklewis”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Friends and I went for my birthday last week. The staff is very friendly and needed to be for the number of orders they brought to the table. Some of the dishes are comically small. My food was very good, not amazing, but good tasting food. I almost sent the my hearts of palm salad back because I thought it couldn't be what I had ordered because there was so little of it. Same with my friend's scallops entree. One of my friends was brought the wrong salad and the wrong drink. She said her lamb was good but the beans were undercooked. The black kale salad got good reviews. Portland has so many restaurants that are fabulous on all levels, I could find a better option. Clarklewis was restaurant of the year, I don't know 5 years ago or so, they need to want it again.

• Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Great place”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had a great dinner last night. Went with the chef's tasting menu, and it was really nice not to have to make any decisions for the dinner. We got to sample a TON of food (2 apps, 3 salads, 2 pastas, 2 entrees, 2 desserts) for two people. Note that the tasting menu is just a selection of things that are on the menu already, with only a few minor changes, still it was a great option if you haven't eaten at clarklewis often as it gives you a great overview of the food. The Pastas were phenomenal. I was a little disappointed with the lamb entree, but everything else was outstanding (esp. the kale salad). Staff was very helpful and attentive, answering all our questions about the food.
Yes this place is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for.
We loved the feel of the place, really industrial, yet also cozy. The candles and smell of wood smoke, bread and seafood really set the tone for a nice evening.
Le Pigeon is still my favorite high-end place in Portland, but clarklewis was pretty close to it.

• Visited February 2013