“Not the old Clark Lewis”
Review of clarklewis

clarklewis
Reserve with OpenTable
clarklewis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #230 of 4,385 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Taylor
Description: Clarklewis creates delicious, hand-crafted Northwest cuisine with Italian and French influences, and proudly support local, organic farms. With exquisite farm-to-table ingredients, Clarklewis is a sophisticated gem on the creative frontier of Portland's unpolished Inner Eastside in the industrial district. The chefs offer an ever changing seasonal menu that features fresh from the market produce. Chef Alex Diestra's hearty dishes from the wood-fired rotisserie find their perfect complement in the fresh, unmanipulated flavors of the best in local produce.
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I had not been here in years and had not been inspired my previous time. But since may last visit years ago, it has new ownership and a new feel.
The food was fantastic - I must admit that my daughters spaghetti was second to none - and the service great.

Be sure to go!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Located in a renewed industrial district, Clark Lewis delivers a great ambiance, excellent food choices and tremendous service. On a recent visit to the City of Roses we headed over to meet friends for happy hour and were very pleased. The service team members interact well with customers both with their menu knowledge and their attentiveness to your needs. Portland offers a very dynamic and diverse group of restaurants and this one definitely doesn't disappoint.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The restaurant is located in an old warehouse but has been nicely appointed. Our servers were very pleasant and knowledgeable. Being on holiday we did not want to decide so we chose the prix fix meal as there was so many good selections on the menu. We were definitely not disappointed! Our server was very accomodating as we ate enough by dessert time, she had the chef prepare something that we could take back to our hotel to eat at a later time.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Clark Lewis is a delight for local produce and creative entrees. I have business associates with an office in the same building, so I have enjoyed lunch here several times. They have creative pork dishes and wonderful fresh fish. How about Beluga lentil soup - tiny black lentils perfectly cooked in a savory broth! The staff is eclectic and fun - enjoy a long lunch witha glass of wine.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

clarklewis specializes in locally sourced food prepared in a West Coast-Italian fusion theme. That's actually a really common theme in Portland, almost to the point of parody, but clarklewis goes so far as to tell you where every vegetable came from on the menu (and, in the case of the tomatoes, what tomato varietal).

I really enjoyed my meal. I had the tagliatelle with pork ragout and it was really good. My parents had the sturgeon and lamb and really enjoyed them as well. It was all very good and very fresh.

But there are three flaws with clarklewis that bear pointing out:

1. It was WAY too loud. And this was with the giant sliding garage doors open. I could barely hear myself think, much less have a conversation. Cannot imagine what it would sound like if the doors were closed.

2. The portions were small and this was not really made clear to us in advance. I would've ordered an appetizer and a salad if I had known. Of course, that would have made it a lot pricier than I thought it would be.

3. The restaurant is not air conditioned and the kitchen is open. So if you're seated near the kitchen, you will be warm. And if a heat wave hits, like when we were there, you'll be miserable.