“Best veggie grinder on the planet!”

Grand Central Baking Company Hawthorne
Ranked #35 of 71 Bakeries in Portland
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My favorite sandy in the city of Portland. Great cookies, too. Nice people work here. Saad and soup are always good. Their seeded bread is the best. Nice atmosphere

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good coffee. They also sell fresh bread that is very good. The atmosphere is basic coffee house and not much more. But you can count on the pastries to be good quality and always available.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stopped by grand central bakery for sourdough bread. It is excellent. Also had a fresh baked scone which is also good. Prices are reasonable and quality is very good. Wait staff at the counter were somewhat unpleasant making it less likely that I'll return.

Reviewed December 25, 2011

I love their French-style bread and vegetarian sandwiches, scones, jammer pastries and coffee. I like to sit outside with my dog in good weather. I like that they have convenient locations all over the city.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I always make a point to visit the GCBC in Multnomah Village when I'm in Portland. The baked goods (scones, chocolate croissants, breads) are super. I also had an albacore tuna sandwich this time. Very good. Price given by cashier was more than price on order board-that was weird, but he corrected my total. Parking lot at this location is very small; lots of people come and hang out. I will return!