“Just gross”

Burrito House
Ranked #2,965 of 4,400 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Worst food and service I have ever had anywhere .. Could of gotten better and more authentic mexican food at Taco Bell.. Everything was bland and tasted like it came from a box.. My fiance and I will not return ... They stick you in a corner never to check on you again untill you flag someone down for the check.. The place was filthy didnt even want to drink out of the glasses .. The parking lot was cleaner the the inside. Best part of my meal was the salad and it was just there taco mix without meat and had ranch dressing ... the ranch was the only thing with any flavor at all

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Food was bland. Four different entree's, none we would rate above average. Chicken burrito's chicken had strange taste with no spiciness. Brown rice was dry. Refried beans tasted like they just came out of a can and heated. Even chips and salsa sauce didn't make us head for the water glass. We were disappointed. If your in need of a Mexican food fix, skip and go to Taco Bell or Taco Time.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The reviews on this were bad. Thought of venturing this out and found it good surprisingly. The two good vegetarian options are a Veggie burrito (foot long) and Quesadilla which is ~ 6$ (best value for money).

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I havent had a bad meal at this place. It's your typical mexican fare but I love the house salad dressing for their Robin's Nest salad. Plus I love the yummy sopapillas they give you with the chips and salsa. It comes with honey to put on them . Soooo good! The waitresses try very hard to please you and make you happy which I appreciate. The location is very dated and in need of a remodel. It's very dark but other than those things I love this place.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The location was convenient to our hotel so we walked over. The front door was uninviting and I was unsure initially that it was actually an entrance. We were greeted and seated quickly and overall the service was quick and friendly. We were very hungry after a long day of travel and there was certainly a lot of food. However, it was quite bland and the main flavor I got from my enchilada and tamale plate was salt. The worst part of the meal was the following day, however, when my companion and I had very upset stomachs and spent a fair amount of the day in the bathroom. I cannot recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank montmom

Been to Burrito House? Share your experiences!