“Seriously?”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I really can't figure out the good reviews on this restuarant. Went back for a second time (the first time we were unimpressed by the food and the prices) because of the rave reviews of our friends. Seriously? The fish n' chips were fish "nuggets" covered with a sandy coating that was dumped on our table by a surly waitress that wanted us to feel damn grateful that we got a seat in this place. The price for what we got was outrageous! Don't go here for fish 'n chips...please. Go to Newport Bay or Jakes.

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Nice to go somewhere and not have to think about what to eat. Enjoyed clam strips which I haven't had since becoming a celiac. Cute neighborhood bar, great place with a "packers" theme.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

On vacation, we went to Corbett Fish House for an early dinner. This is a small neighborhood place that I also read about online, with good reviews. It was definitely casual & kid friendly. Since it was only about 3pm (6pm for us) it wasn’t busy, but the service was non-existent once we got our food. I got up myself to refill my water at the bar. I got gluten free fish & chips (small pieces, but good), and Hubbie got fried oysters (good). The fries & slaw were OK.

1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I had the crab, cheese and pepper chowder. Spicy, so if you don't like spice, stick with the clam chowder. But, I really did like this soup. Thick and lots of crab. I also had the fried oysters. They were very good. Not greasy at all, plump and juicy inside. The main entree was very, very good. This restaurant is located in what seems to be a residential area on the South side of Portland. I believe it was two blocks off Rt. 43 (Macadam).

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have friends that rave about the Corbett Fish house so I was excited to try it. We went in mid-week and full disclosure they did have a large (and noisy) party in the other room, but the service was SO slow.

The room we were in did have open tables but once seated we waited for maybe 40 minutes to get our food. Once we did get served our food was good. I had the fish and chips and it was definitely above average. Not great, but good. My dinner partner had the salmon and it too was good, but based on the size and the presentation it was a bit overpriced.

The overall vibe of the restaurant is very casual, more bar like in fact.