“The intellectual crowd hang here.”
Review of Goose Hollow Inn

Goose Hollow Inn
Ranked #452 of 4,364 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 5, 2012

You will find several PSU professors frequent this place. Happy hour can be standing room only. It's owned by a former Portland mayor, namely Bud Clark. They serve great food, especially their Reuben. Come early to get good parking. This was one of my favorite hangouts when I was going to college.

1  Thank Dave M
There are newer reviews for Goose Hollow Inn

Reviewed January 6, 2012

I go here for guys night at least a few times a year. Great beer and an eclectic crowd. I'll keep going back.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

My family and I stopped in at the Goose Hollow Inn because it was recommended by a friend of mine. We arrived at lunchtime. The restaurant was very busy and the seating is not terribly comfortable. However, the beers were good and the reubens were great! We also really liked the potato salad that came with the reubens.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

I have been going to the Goose for 41 years, and they still have the best Ruebens in town! A casual tavern, restaurant, with many neighborhood regulars, and the owner used to be the Mayor of Portland. Nothing much has changed over the years, still friendly service, nice out door deck, right on the MAX rail system!!

1  Thank Claudiagenna
Reviewed September 12, 2011

It was actually my second visit to this place. I did not have a good experience at the first time, but I tried it again because we were just in the vicinity and there was not any other place close by.

The experience was terrible.

The wait was too long. After sitting, it took about 10 minutes for a server to come by. Yes, the place was busy, but knowing we were there, no excuse in my standard.

The order came so late. We waited for 45 minutes by the time some of the food arrived. Surprisingly, my order was only a cup of soup! After 45 minutes, it did not show. I don't believe they would make it from scratch.

Some of us did not have enough time to wait for the food, so we left. When we were leaving, the server was upset at us saying how few servers they have and they have only one cook. Is that our problem? I think they'd better talk to the management.

If you have whole afternoon to wait, go for it. But their food is nothing special and the beers are also what you can get at any other breweries or stores. There seems to be local regular customers and they seemed to be treated much better. My friends and I will never go back.