“Legit Indian food!!”
Review of India House

India House
Reserve with OpenTable
India House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,723 of 4,420 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We go here whenever we’re in Portland! The lunch buffet is AMAZING and really cheap (I think it's $6). It’s great for vegetarians but there are plenty of non-veg options too.

1  Thank USAPapasFritas

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I’ve eaten Indian food in India and probably 20 other countries and this is definitely one of my favorite places EVER!!!!! I have dreams about their mango milkshakes!!!!!!! They blow my mind!!!!! The little restaurant is super cute and very Portland-ie, the service is amazing, it’s cheap and the garlic naan will knock your socks off. Go for their lunch buffet for sure!

1  Thank expat_mbk
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Had our ladies supper club last night here and although they accomodated our table of 8, the long table was not conducive to conversation for the whole table because we were right next to the bar. Half of us ordered off the menu and half ordered their 3 course dinner for $25. The prices were a bit high - service was decent - not super. The chicken dishes were extremely tender and flavorful. Presentation was creative. The only really negative was the extreme gauge on the wine corkage fee - $20 per bottle! We brought 2 special bottles of German wine for the dinner - and we all ordered cocktails as well - but they still charged us $40! Total bill was $45 per person including tip - so a bit spendy! Might go again...

2  Thank Julie C
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This was a amazing experience for my 111 year old father, he enjoyed the food so much, also the okra is amazing

Reviewed March 26, 2012

My brother and I had dinner at India House. He ordered a chicken dish and was very surprised at the small amount of chicken swimming in sauce. Since I ordered a thali I gave him some of my dinner so he could try other things.

Everything was really OK. Average. I've had better Indian food in Portland, but the location worked for us that evening.