“Great Chinese food downtown Portland”

Mandarin Cove Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #813 of 4,292 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Redwood City, California
“Great Chinese food downtown Portland”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The service was very friendly and prompt. The food was very good. My husband had the string beans with beef while I had the scallops. It was all very fresh and flavorful. The rice was perfectly steamed. All at a very reasonable price at lunch.

Visited October 2012

Portland, Oregon
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Visited last weekend for the first time after our first choice was too packed. The service was impeccable and the food was above your regular Chinese restaurants. The Mongolian Beef and the egg rolls were outstanding. Martinis were good as well. Will definitely return for the great food and service. Decor needs a little update.

• Visited October 2012
Portland
“Wonderful Food”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The food and the service were so good! Everything was fresh and delicious! The sauces were wonderfully tangy, and the perfect blend of firer y goodness. Try the beef and snow peas or General Tso's! Add some chow main and you have enough left overs to take home and have a whole other meal!

• Visited June 2012
Vancouver, Washington, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“eeh it's just ok”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

There was a group of us for a graduation party, we asked for seating for 17 but when we got there seating was set for 13 and it seemed a bit of a bother to set the extra seats we had already asked for to begin with. One of us (me) has to be gluten free (wheat allergy), I called ahead to ask if it was ok to bring my own GF soy sauce, "Oh yes, yes that will be fine", I was told. HOWEVER, when we asked the waiter he was not happy and kept trying to talk me out of using my soy sauce and "Just go with their origianl recipes, they make them already and the flavor will not be the same, I will not be happy and need to just order off the menu and not change anything.: UMMM NO! ALLERGY..SICK..NO THANK YOU! I was going to just skip it and eat plain white rice but he went ahead and let me order the kung poa chicken but assured I will not like it. He was wrong, it was really yummy. The rest of the party had egg rolls that everyone raved about and the rest of the meal was good too they all said. Be advised however that even dishes we thought would be safe and not spicy had some sort of hot peppers in each dish. So the younger kids and a couple of the elderly ladies in our party went away hungry. Oh and the bathrooms are not exactly easy to get too,

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank MomLBL
Portland, Oregon
“Fancy Chinese Restaurant”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Nice ambiance, convenient location, good food, friendly staff..

Visited July 2011