“Oh, my! Oh, my!! The apple pie!!”

Marco's Cafe and Espresso Bar
Ranked #22 of 100 Coffee & Tea in Portland
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Baker, Nevada
“Oh, my! Oh, my!! The apple pie!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I'm staying near Marco's and have walked down the hill to enjoy breakfast and lunch. Both were excellent, affordable and "just as described". One afternoon I wanted something sweet, a "pick me up", so I went in, sat at the counter and had apple pie. Oh, my!! The BEST apple pie a la mode I've ever had.

• Visited December 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“Fun space, good food”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a nice brunch spot. My hubby had the burrito, as did our friends, I had the breakfast sandwich. Both were tasty choices. Service was good, but pretty slow. They were packed so that may have overwhelmed the kitchen. Otherwise a nice morning outing.

• Visited July 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

It has been a very very long time since we tipped nothing for meal but this was unacceptable. It took a very long time for the food to arrive and when it did it was cool. Our server never came by to ask how our food was or to refill our coffee until the very end, when I think she realized her tip was in jeopardy.

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas, United States
“Off in the burbs, a wonderful surprise”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

On the recommendation of the bookstore staff, we tried this restaurant for lunch. My husband had a tuna melt and I had the mandarin chicken salad. Both were very good. The onion rings were too mushy, maybe a tad undercooked. The menu is large with interesting choices. The server was friendly and fast. We would go back, especially for breakfast.

Visited July 2013
Minneapolis
“Wonderful Breakfast”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Enjoyed the perfect Father's Day brunch at Marco's. Everything was yummy, my son especially liked the maple bacon spread for his waffle! Great service and a sunny location.

• Visited June 2013