“Great value. Great food.”
Review of Milo's City Cafe

Milo's City Cafe
Ranked #57 of 4,473 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This restaurant was within walking distance of our B&B. Place is great value with excellent food. American spoon atmosphere with a friendly waitstaff. Lines form for breakfast but the food is worth the wait.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Been here for breakfast, lunch and dinner -- I recommend all! Their dinner menu changes frequently -- based on what is locally available? I don't know if this is the reason, but I enjoy the unique dishes they offer. It is s smallish restaurant, very friendly staff, very reasonable prices. While we enjoy all meals, it's one of the very best in the area for breakfast.

My husband and I had breakfast there a couple weeks ago while in Portland, and then last week, my sister and I had dinner there during a second visit. (We've also gone for several meals during previous visits to Portland -- a restaurant we can always count on.) Only negative comment I would make is that while I appreciate that they focus on Oregon wines, I would love it if they added a Northern California chardonnay (much smoother, buttery, vanilla'ish than Wm. Valley chards).

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Service was quick and very friendly, and the food is excellent. The prices are perfectly reasonable for the quality. Highly recommended for a quick and tasty breakfast!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We were staying at a Victorian B&B (The Lion & The Rose), a few blocks away from Milos and in a drenching downpour found our way over to Milos's. We got there around 2:00 pm for lunch and just after we entered they put up the "closed" sign for the day - so we just made it which was great since we didn't want to go back out in the deluge.

The service was good as was the food. The lunch menu choices are typical for an american food restaurant - Soups, salads, various sandwiches (hot and cold), pasta dishes and some meats. All in all a very nice place to sit down, relax and have a bit to eat.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We chose Milo's City Cafe due to its high listing on tripadvisor. The restaurant clearly deserves its lofty rating. After Christmas shopping at the nearby Lloyds Center Mall, we were ready for a good meal in a warm cozy setting as the Portland weather continued cold and wet. Milo's provided such a venue. The restaurant was packed with the lunch crowd, but we were able to get one of the last available tables. We were very satisfied because our meals of Sausage Penne and Fried Oysters were excellent. The service from our quick seating and attentive server was excellent. The numerous regulars and their camaraderie added to the atmosphere. Milo's is certainly worth a visit when you are in Portland.