“Great breakfast!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Willamette Week's "restaurant of the year," Mother's serves comfort food classics made from scratch, perfected in the hands of four star restaurant-trained chef Lisa Schroeder. With melt-in-your-mouth biscuits, pot roast, chicken & dumplings and a decadent, different macaroni & cheese daily, home cooking is elevated to high art for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Full Bar & happy hour too!
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Mother's should be on your "must" list while in Portland. We went for breakfast, were lucky to be seated immediately (when we left, there were several parties waiting). Loved the atmosphere right off the bat, and the service was terrific. Food was yummy, large portions, very filling. Bring your appetite!

1  Thank Sacagawea2

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My BF thought this was the best restaurant we visited during our four days in Portland. He loved the Steak Frites (dinner) , and the meatloaf sandwich (lunch). My food was just so-so. Chicken salad (lunch) was bland and boring. My dinner entree was so unmemorable, I've forgotten what I had. Probably fish of some sort.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner, absolutely loved the food. The ambiance is wonderful. And the owner is great, stopped by our table for 5 minutes.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Yum - this place was great!! Not only is Mother's a fun please to visit because of its decor, it's food is fantastic! I had a delicious breakfast here - and will definitely return the next time I'm Portland. The eggs, pancakes, etc were delicious and servings were ample. The restaurant was full - deservedly so.

Mother's serves other meals besides breakfast and it's bar looks like a great place to enjoy a glass of wine...

I'm going back!!!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Plenty of the reviews say that there was a wait, we did not have to. Our server was wonderful! She came to our table and said "I am Kim Chee and I will be your server this morning." I guess if you are not Korean that is not very funny, but my husband is. He started laughing. I would take it that my husband is not the first Korean, or person familiar with Korean cuisine, that she has served--she had good sense of humor.

Good food, wonderful coffee.