“5-star comfort food!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Willamette Week's "restaurant of the year," Mother's serves comfort food classics made from scratch, perfected in the hands of four star restaurant-trained chef Lisa Schroeder. With melt-in-your-mouth biscuits, pot roast, chicken & dumplings and a decadent, different macaroni & cheese daily, home cooking is elevated to high art for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Full Bar & happy hour too!
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Loved the cozy, warm and shabby chic vibe of Mother's Bistro. The food was deliciously comforting that's many notches above your local diner. Dungeness crab cakes and macaroni du jour were divine. The chicken & dumpling, steak frites & meatloaf were classics executed well. Desserts were terrific too. No frou-frou here! Memorable dinner, great waitstaff and just amazing comfort food! Highly recommended!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had Breakfast here and the service was friendly and attentative. Portion sizes are huge but average I suppose for Americans. The Menu was extensive and we wern't disappointed with what we received. We would recommend to anyone visitin Portland but don't try to go on a Monday as they are closed.

Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Yes it was but I'm going to whine a little first!
Brasserie Montmartre is ranked #122 restaurant in Portland. Mother's Bistro is #10 and a place that sells ice cream is #6!! I don't get it.
I'm sure the ice cream is ... er......cold and creamy, but it's not a restaurant and shouldn't be taking up a space.
So what's my point. Simply that as much as we enjoyed two superior breakfasts at Mother's and would go back in a minute (omelets mmmmm), if you are looking for dinner you really should go elsewhere. That said, we went for breakfast and a wonderful thing it was, hence the 5 stars.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This restaurant is a finely tuned machine! Whenever we travel to Portland Mothers is a must stop for breakfast. They know how to do it right. The only place that cooks my over easy egg perfectly every time. Portions are more than fair and even though they are always busy once you are seated the food comes out surpisingly fast.

1  Thank Steve P
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I went to Mothers for breakfast on a Saturday and it was fantastic! I had an egg fritatta that was delicious. The friend I went with had eggs benedict that she said was fabulous. The atmosphere was so comfortable. They have it decorated to look like your grandmother's house. Lace curtains, window benches, family pictures on the walls. It just made you feel so welcome.