“Easy Walk from Brick Center”

Mother's Bistro & Bar
Ranked #9 of 4,420 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Willamette Week's "restaurant of the year," Mother's serves comfort food classics made from scratch, perfected in the hands of four star restaurant-trained chef Lisa Schroeder. With melt-in-your-mouth biscuits, pot roast, chicken & dumplings and a decadent, different macaroni & cheese daily, home cooking is elevated to high art for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Full Bar & happy hour too!
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We arrived downtown for Friday night Flicks on the Bricks. Portland has an active night life. Too many choices for restaurants, took a shot in the dark using T.A. Glad we did. It was a fair walk but well worth it. After an awesome meal, the walk back to center of activities felt good. The service was outstanding and food was beyond compare.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,555)

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Portland many times but not been mothers. I wish I had. I went on my own the first time and tried their mushroom scramble. Oh, so good! A week later my friends took me for my birthday breakfast. Yum yum! Ordered the same. Can't wait to go back for the food and great atmosphere.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My sister and I stumbled onto this restaurant with my 9 year-old nephew in tow. The "linen tablecloth atmosphere" was a bit of a stretch for my nephew, especially after a day of travel, but the staff handled his youthful exuberance beautifully, engaging him like pros and offering a children's menu.

The food was absolutely delicious. My sister asked if she should order the fish entree on special, unsure whether she liked that particular type of fish. My answer to her: if you don't like it prepared here, you won't like this fish anywhere. Ultimately she was delighted with her entree.

Mother's Bistro & Bar is an excellent stop for any foodie visiting Portland.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Everything was excellent - the drinks, the atmosphere, and the food was amazing. The wait is definitely long so I recommend getting there early or sitting at the bar. I went with my mom for Sunday brunch and we were able to sit down right away at the bar. The service was pretty good considering how busy it was. I had the breakfast nachos; it was hands down the best brunch I've ever had at a restaurant. Highly recommend! If I'm ever in Portland I will definitely go back.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Talk about a wonderful experience all the way around. The food, unique and fantastic..I mean really.. EVERYTHING on the menu is TDF! Hope you rode your bike there, or ran there, as the calories will add up. Their cinnamon rolls are WONDERFUL, even their coffee is great. You will experience a line, and well, you might avoid for "Mothers" day, unless you like a wait, but truly it would be worth the wait. It's just so pretty there!!