“Best breakfast in Portland”

Mother's Bistro & Bar
Ranked #10 of 4,341 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Willamette Week's "restaurant of the year," Mother's serves comfort food classics made from scratch, perfected in the hands of four star restaurant-trained chef Lisa Schroeder. With melt-in-your-mouth biscuits, pot roast, chicken & dumplings and a decadent, different macaroni & cheese daily, home cooking is elevated to high art for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Full Bar & happy hour too!
Queretaro, Mexico
“Best breakfast in Portland”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Well worth the trip! Whatever their omelet special of the day is - get it! Amazing! My husband had the french toast, and I practically had to beg for a bite. It was delicious. Great coffee here too!

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“So glad I went to Mother's on my trip to Portland - best breakfast!!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Our server was polite, friendly and adorable. My omelet was outstanding. Potatoes were well cooked and spiced perfectly. I only wish I had a bigger stomach so I could have finished every last bite! A must-visit for travelers or residents. I loved Mother's!!

Dawsonville, Georgia
“The only place we are willing to wait in line!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Went thru Portland to go have breakfast at Mothers. There were people literally hangin out the doors but they do a great job of getting people thru without making one feel rushed. Our server was wonderful and the food was terrific and plentiful. I had Migas which I miss from Texas and husband had Apple Pork Sausage Scramble. None left on his plate either. Just be prepared to wait and be shoulder to shoulder with the rest of the world. Neat place!

Portland, Oregon
“Dinner not as good as Breakfast”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was our first time here for dinner. Have been here several times for breakfast and it really is one of the very best places to get breakfast in Portland. Our server was great; a tad slow on our drink order (two of us ordered Margaritas, not the spicy one, but the ones we were served were too spicy for both of us), but not bad; food came in a timely manner.

A note to those having any difficulty walking need to consider that the tables/'seating is fairly tight. Our elderly mother really needs to be on someone's arm and it was very difficult to do. There is paidparking directly across the street so that is good.

New Hampshire
“Salmon hash is a MUST!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We ate here on our last morning in Portland and what a way to go out! The salmon hash is perfection. I almost never want to have salmon again, because I want to remember the taste of this hash forever. The service was top notch. I will tell everyone visiting Portland to put this restaurant at the top of their breakfast itinerary....along with Voodoo Doughnuts of course.