“Love it!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Willamette Week's "restaurant of the year," Mother's serves comfort food classics made from scratch, perfected in the hands of four star restaurant-trained chef Lisa Schroeder. With melt-in-your-mouth biscuits, pot roast, chicken & dumplings and a decadent, different macaroni & cheese daily, home cooking is elevated to high art for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Full Bar & happy hour too!
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went for a Saturday morning breakfast and it was amazing. The flavors were unique. The waiters were wonderful. Our waiter said, "When I come in here first thing in the morning, I have a lot of things to do. But when "mother" comes in she only has one thing to do. She goes to the stove and summons all the love in the universe to help create hollindaise sauce."

1  Thank mightyheidi
Write a ReviewReviews (2,684)

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Beautiful, old style dining room complete with large windows, chandeliers, and lots of natural light. Excellent service and well prepared NW style New American. Great lunch spot.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Our grandson was working in Partland and when we visited him, he suggested breakfast at Mother's. We were not disappointed. The wait was worth it. Had a delicious breakfast and topped it off with the BEST cinnamon roll ever. When we got home e-mailed them to see if the recipe was available and it was. They sent me a copy, but I have to admit, mine were no match for what we had at Morher's Bistro. From what I have heard should have tried the biscuits and gravy too.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

is Mother's Bistro. Best Bisuits and Gravy anywhere! Corn Flake French Toast and Stumptown Coffee will make a wonderful breakfast on any day of the week. Service is absolutely delightful. You have the feeling of employees "loving" their work.
Do not go without a reservation or you will be clear out of luck. Try to get the 1st seating; they open at 8. Anytime after, especially on the weekend will be a wait .....
Easy access off the bridges to the Interstate 5 and all major arteries so getting to and from is not the issue; parking might be an issue though. Street parking 1 and 1/2 hour maximum; pay by credit card.
A definite must try

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Mother's is so good that everyone has found out about it, so while it's an enormous dining space, be prepared to wait quite a long time for a table if you come on a weekend. My husband and I enjoyed breakfast here one morning while in Portland - I had a fritatta that was a daily special and he had one of the scrambles. The portions are quite large - we really could have shared something. Everything was fabulous! I would definitely return.