“A must see when in Portland”

Mother's Bistro & Bar
Ranked #10 of 4,386 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Willamette Week's "restaurant of the year," Mother's serves comfort food classics made from scratch, perfected in the hands of four star restaurant-trained chef Lisa Schroeder. With melt-in-your-mouth biscuits, pot roast, chicken & dumplings and a decadent, different macaroni & cheese daily, home cooking is elevated to high art for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Full Bar & happy hour too!
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Mother's came highly recommended from several friends who had visited Portland before. I was so glad I was able to fit it in. Love the ambiance of the cafe, service was good, with supersized portions. They have a wide variety of breakfast selections, with a couple of non meat items to choose from. You may want to share an entree because of the portion size. I left a lot of my greek frittata and potatoes on the plate. I'm pretty sure they offer lunch and dinner menus as well, but not 100% sure. I went for breakfast only. Definitely add it to your list of restaurants to visit!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

A wonderful brunch! This was our second time at Mother's and it was as wonderful as the our first visit two years ago! The cinnamon roll at the beginning of a great meal was delicious! My husband had egss bene and I had the greek style fritta and both were wonderful. Our server was helpful and very friendlty. We will definitely come back for brunch when in Portland.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The cover photo on their page here at TA is a waffle. I just had one of their waffles the other day and it was a little bit of heaven. Mother's is a warmly decorated country style bistro right in the center of downtown. It's always busy and for good reason. Breakfasts here are as good as breakfast gets. Fresh ingredients , deliciously prepared and great service to boot.
I've also been here for lunch both in the restaurant and at the bar and the lunches are equally as good.
One of the best things about Portland is turning up at Mother's for breakfast or lunch on your first day there. Don't miss it.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I can honestly say that one of the biggest things that I miss about living in Portland, Oregon is not having the ability to eat breakfast at Mother's Bistro!!! It was always a treat, and something that we looked forward to. Over the years, we probably ate breakfast there at least 3-4 dozen times; either treating ourselves, or taking guests from out of town or to celebrate special occassions. The eggs benedict and crunchy French toast are absolutely AMAZING & to die for!!! They provide large portions, with the eggs benedict also coming with yummy roasted potatoes. The service is always great, and they are ALWAYS busy!!! Don't let the long wait deter you from trying it. When it's just the two of us, we try to get a seat at the bar (and which tends to be quicker than waiting for a table), and so that we can watch all of the action. We've dined at many establishments in Portland for breakfast. Mother's is by far the BEST!!!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Adorable restaurant with charm, character, and really friendly and helpful staff.I had a basic lunch, of turkey sandwich with mac salad (diet ), but it was prepared well, really good and fresh. I'll return for dinner next time I'm in Portland for sure.