“How to do it on the cheap”

Portland City Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Portland City Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,343 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Burnside
Transit: Public transportation is available via Max Transit system and Tri-Met.
San Antonio, Texas
“How to do it on the cheap”
Reviewed August 23, 2010

OK, you want to go to the top and see the view but you are on a budget, SO plan to be there @ 4:00 pm so you get a view seat; order one drink (they are not happy hour prices) and your friend drinks club soda or tonic water (bring an airline bottle fo your own to add to drink). Beer 5.75/martinis-mojitos $10. The food is on happy hour-real crab sushi roll or spring roll $3, sliders $5. Drink 1 drink, eat and leave. Oh, food happy hour starts at 4:30. The food we saw being served looked good and was in large portions.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Excellent Food, Service & View”
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My step-daughter was in town and we wanted to try something special. First off, whether in the bar or the dining room, the views from this 30th floor restaurant are fabulous from ALL areas. Our waiter was professional without being snobby in the least, such a nice fellow with a great sense of humour. Our courses came quickly and were beyond our expectations. Our mouths water just thinking of them. The only drawback for me was there were hardly any vegetarian dishes to pick from the menu but what I had was excellent. We will be back and would highly recommend this to anyone.

PA
“Go for the view”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We dined last night at the Portland City Grill. Stunning views, waitstaff very nice and attentive. The food had its ups and downs. I don't recommend the scallops, but the lamb was to die for. Great braised clams, soso spinach salad.
You can get as good a meal elsewhere, but not this view.

Newport, Oregon
“I LOVE this restaurant!! I always go for...”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I LOVE this restaurant!! I always go for happy hour everytime I visit Portland! Portland city grill is always on the top of my to-do list! No question where my bf and I r going to eat!

1 Thank Katie G
Windsor, Vermont
“A must when visiting Portland”
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Ate in the lounge where it is seat yourself. If you are lucky you'll get a booth along the windows to see the view better. The place was packed on a Sunday night. Appetizers were under $10, and we shared four between three people. Dessert was wonderful. I recommend the Chocolate for Two.

Lavendar Cosmo was yummy!

The view and atmosphere are warm and cozy...totally romantic. Some booths are very private. Service was great...attentive enough but not overbearing.

We didn't eat in the dining room, but we did look at it. Lots of small tables for an intimate setting.

Been to Portland City Grill? Share your experiences!