“Good tourist spot on a clear day”

Portland City Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Portland City Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 4,341 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Burnside
Transit: Public transportation is available via Max Transit system and Tri-Met.
Lexington, Kentucky
“Good tourist spot on a clear day”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The view on a clear day here is unbelievable. If you're downtown and can't get to Chart House for happy hour, I recommend this place. Go early, it gets crowded. Lunch is another good option. The food and wine are delicious and the service is great, but you pay a premium for it except at happy hour.

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
“The best happy hour in portland”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Amazing Views, good service, memorable food and quality drinks blend together here for one of the best restaurants in portland. I would conduct all my business meetings here if I were in town. Try their sushi at happy hour it's fantastic.

Seoul, South Korea
“Great view..kick back”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I swing by this place when traffic is bad and feel like taking the back road home up Burnside. Happy hour is great and affordable and plenty of parking in the garage.

• Visited August 2013
Princeton, New Jersey
“Second visit, big disappointment”
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We ate here a year ago and thought it wonderful, so on our next trip to Portland booked a table to take our daughter and son-in-law out. Perhaps it was because it was the Saturday of Mother's day weekend, but it was an awful experience that no one in our party enjoyed. It was so noisy it was hard to have a conversation, the service was slow and bad to awful (my wife never did get her salad "dressing on the side" and my Caesar salad was among the worst I have ever had. My son-in-law asked for extra anchovies, so they "thoughtfully" brought mine without anchovies. I said that I would like some, but they never arrived. I noticed that my son-in-law didn't finish his salad either. A review from Feb 7th says that the Kung Pao Calamari "is to die for." That may be an apt description as they were encasedin an enormous amount of greasy batter and smothered with a lot of sauce to the point that one couldn't taste the calamari. I ordered the scallops, which were good but the accompanying risotto (I think that's what it was) was too heavily laden with various stuff. My wife ordered the seared tuna that was relatively tasteless. Perhaps the only plusses were a good moderately priced Malbec and the view, but after this experience I don't ever plan to go back.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Gogocar
Toronto, Canada
“View, food and service all exceptional”
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Very much enjoyed our evening at the City Grill. Came highly recommended and did not disappoint!

We shared the Crispy Kung Pao Calamari after seeing it delivered to a nearby table. Enough to share as an appetizer for 4 -- sweet and little spicy. Wonderful dish.

The scallops with risotto and halibut with mushroom tart dishes on the seasonal/special menu were beautifully prepared. Bread pudding with caramel sauce not to be missed.

On top of all that, service and view were excellent.

Don't miss it!

Visited May 2014
Alyssa D, Manager at Portland City Grill, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you very much for your review! We are so glad you loved the food and had and excellent dining experience. We are pleased to hear you loved the halibut, scallops, calamari and bread pudding! We hope to see you here again on a future visit.
Cheers,
PCG Team

Been to Portland City Grill? Share your experiences!