“Happy Hour Fun with a View”

Portland City Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Portland City Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 4,592 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Burnside
Transit: Public transportation is available via Max Transit system and Tri-Met.
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have been to the Portland City Grill several times for happy hour with my daughter who lives in Portland and it continues to be one of my favorites. Can't beat the view, happy hour drinks are reasonable and we alway make a meal of their happy hour food selection.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,049)

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Atmosphere is busy yet classy. Views are worth checking out. Food was good- there may be better, but the view can't be beat. We dressed up a bit and had a sunset Anniversary dinner that was lovely. Wine selection was adequate, food was fine. Bar is hopping usually.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had out of town guests and they wanted to have a view for dinner. Only one place comes to mind for that and it is definitely the Portland City Grill. However, once there it was extremely noisy with the after work over-served crowd enjoying themselves. The place was so dimly lit that one of our friends had to get a flash light out of her purse just to read the menu. I don't even remember the food all that well, as nothing stood out, except that it was pricey.

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I had to entertain 6 guests from Chile and this was one of only a few places that would seat a party of 8 on short notice and without a mandatory gratuity.

We had a Fantastic experience. I requested a Spanish speaking server and he was awesome helping to bridge the language barrier.

The appetizers were great, the wine list was impressive and the food was excellent.

It is a pricey place but I don't mind paying a premium price for excellence!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had a wonderful meal and the staff was attentive but not intrusive. The view is spectacular. (we caught a clear evening) The wine list was solid and was about 2xs retail which I find acceptable.

I will always dine there when I find myself in Portland

Been to Portland City Grill? Share your experiences!