“WOW”

Salty's On The Columbia River
Reserve with OpenTable
Salty's On The Columbia River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 4,343 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Airport, James Gleason Boat Ramp
Description: The best seafood and steak restaurant in Portland isn't downtown, it's on the Columbia River.
Pensacola, Florida, United States
“WOW”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

A must visit. Excellent views, fantastic service and the food was to die for. Visited with friends I'd not seen in 10 years. A great place to reconnect!

Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Eugene, Oregon
“Nice view, nice service, passable food”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Outstanding sunset view of the river. Service was wonderful. Food was plated well, but not much better than a diner. Prices were high.

Visited June 2014
Lawrence, Kansas
“Pure Serendipity...the foodie gods were smiling on us.”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Not sure which I liked better, the cocktails, the food or the friendly, courteous service. We got turned around driving in Portland and by happenstance wound up at Salty’s The parking lot was jammed, but the valet had a big smile for us an assured us we didn’t need a reservation. We waited 20 minutes for a table and had the opportunity to watch a capable staff dealing with the crowd.
I had to have an “Ultimate Cosmo”… anyone who claims an ultimate anything deserves a try. It was so good I asked the waiter for the mixology. The bartender came out and talked to us and gave us the mix.
I had the calamari appetizer and in my opinion it was the best I have ever eaten. As a devout foodie I know this is one of the most difficult items to get just right. I was so pleased I asked our waiter to hug the chef for me. About two minutes later the chef appeared and I embarrassed him by giving him a well-deserved bit hug.
Take your GPS if you go. It is located on the river and a bit out of the way, but most definitely worth going.
PS: Prices were very reasonable.
PSS: not sure about the buffet comments, we ordered off a menu.

redlands california
“Steelhead Caesar Salad and Seafood Chowder - Signature Lunch”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Salty's on the Columbia River is appropriately the name of this superior sea food restaurant with spectacular views of the Columbia River. Make sure to request a window table on the river. My friend and I both had their signature luncheon special - Steelhead Caesar Salad and Seafood Chowder which was fantastic. Our wives raved about their grilled halibut and crab louie. We enjoyed an Oregon Tempranillo and service was very attentive. Highly recommended especially if you love seafood.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Really Fine Food”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

An early weeknight (6PM) dinner got me a table right next to the dock on the Columbia River, The view was fine and this restaurant defies the old adage "if you want good food don't eat where you can see the water." The food, lightly smoked salmon, was prepared to perfection and nicely decorated with fennel and small beets. The waitress was just the right degree of attentive, without being overbearing. And she was well enough trained to know the difference between and IPA, and amber ale, and dark beer.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Salty's On The Columbia River? Share your experiences!