“Celebration destination”

Salty's On The Columbia River
Reserve with OpenTable
Salty's On The Columbia River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 4,592 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Airport, James Gleason Boat Ramp
Description: The best seafood and steak restaurant in Portland isn't downtown, it's on the Columbia River.
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We like to go to Salty's for family celebrations because they do such a great job. Last summer we took our granddaughter and her friends to Salty's for her 8th birthday. They met her at the door with balloons and I think every server in the house wished her Happy Birthday. She was thrilled with the attention and thoroughly enjoyed herself. The kids love the children's menu because they get "courses" - jello and goldfish crackers before their dinner arrives.
When my daughter's family from Alabama came to visit at Christmas time they asked specifically for seafood so of course we took them to Salty's. We were a very large, rowdy group and the servers were wonderful. The food was delicious.
Last week my husband and I went to Salty's for their Thursday night crab boil to celebrate his birthday. The place was packed and I was a little disappointed because they didn't acknowledge my husband's birthday and our food when we got it was only lukewarm. I'm sure it was because there was such a crowd so I'm willing to forgive it.
The view from the window seats or the deck is one of the best things about Salty's. They are located on the Columbia River.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This was our first time in Salty's. The meal was terrific the service outstanding. It was Portland Dining Month, and my wife had the 3 course special for 29.99. I had the blackened rockfish with Dungeness crab off the menu. Everything came out hot and tasty. We will definitely go back. Our server Breanon was super; attentive without hovering. They do have a happy hour menu that peaked our interest for the next visit.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Coming from New Mexico we always have seafood when at or near any coast. Salty's was fantastic from the steamers to the lightly blackened steelhead. Service was impeccable
and the setting wonderful, right on the Columbia.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I usually dine when there is music which adds to the pleasure of the evening. The view is tremendous when there are sailboats on the Columbia River. Weekend Summer nights or evenings watching the Christmas ships add to the delight of the fine dishes. Good Food, Good Drinks, Good Times. It is worth the drive.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We usually eat here when we are spending a night by the airport when we fly out. Over the years the price keeps increasing to the point where it is not a good value even though the food is good. Maybe for a special occasion but we will probably seek out another restaurant. Can often be crowded and service can be slow.