“Must be a take out joint”

Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine
Ranked #2,562 of 4,419 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Thai, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Private Dining
Description: The Elegant Side of Thai Food Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine open since Oct 2000 Take out, Delivery
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

The couple before us placed a takeout order and received their food in 20 min. We were seated but didn't even get our drink order taken in 25 min. We walked out and no staff could be seen to tell them we were leaving. Seems to be a good place for take out, at least they get served. Maybe they should convert to a food cart?

SweetBasilOregon, Owner at Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear value customer.
Sorry to hear that you have a bad experience when you visit sweet basil.
Please come in again to for lunch or dinner .
I would like to sent out a gift card by mail.
Please email us your mailing address.
I apologize for your inconvenient
Thank you for your review.
Boos

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We had a yearning for Thai food while in Portland so we did a little searching online and saw Sweet Basil Thai in the Hollywood District. Found it fairly easily and walked in to an empty front of house on a Saturday evening. Greeted by staff with smiles and was asked if we wanted to sit on the patio. We responded with a "Yes" and were lead to a wonderful outside oasis at the back of the restaurant (now it makes sense that no one was in the front). We enjoyed a warm summer evening under a grape arbor with a few other restaurant guests. Very romantic.

Ordered drinks and food. Both arrived before we knew it. Dove in and couldn't stop. Large portions and oh so good! Now we're no Thai food experts but we've had our share. And this was some of the best we've had on a wonderful patio at a very reasonable price. For us, it doesn't get much better than this. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Sweet Basil Thai makes delicious food and their portions are unreal. Their prices are very reasonable for the quality and the sheer quantity of food. However, that has all been said before. The main reason I decided to post a review today is they now offer online ordering. Ordering online from Sweet Basil was so easy and my order came in no time at all. I only wish that I lived Portland, so I could eat here more often.

1  Thank John L
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My family just got dinner delivered fromSweet Thai Basil. It came 20 minutes faster than quoted and the servings were massive. We'd order half as much next time to avoid wasting it. The flavours were excellent, the meat tender and the spice perfect. If I lived in Portland, I'd eat here weekly.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We are lunch here, and loved sitting on the back patio under the grape vines. What a relaxing and fun atmosphere. The service was very good, and lunch combo portions were large. Would recommend for an inexpensive quality meal.