“Another great spot in Portland with tasty food.”
Review of Farm Cafe - CLOSED

Farm Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Burnside
Transit: Because of proximity to Burnside, all bus lines serving Burnside/Couch will provide transportation. 12, 19 and 20 bus stops are within 1 block of location in either direction.
“Another great spot in Portland with tasty food.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went with her parents to this cool little spot. Our apps were so tasty and all four of us enjoyed our main courses. So full we still opted for dessert. Venue was a bit cramped as I almost reached over and ate off of another's plate from a group not with us but definitely would go back. Beet salad as pictured was very tasty.

Syracuse, NY
“Local and Lovely”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Locally source food is of critical importance in Portland area restaurants. We have eaten here twice now on two different visits and not been disappointed, In fact this was one of the best meals I have had in my recent dining experiences. Being an East Coast dweller I am delighted by what Portland has to offer in terms of dining. We were four people and and a bill of 114 dollars is terrific in my opinion. We started out with the toasted hazelnuts to accompany our wine/beer/cocktails, wow spicy, what a surprise. Shared the roasted beet salad and the bean salad accompanied by delicious bread. I am still dreaming of the wild mushroom gnocchi I had that night. Also sampled my son's ravioli dish (yum) and my husband's trout, perfect. The veggie burger apparently has a well deserved reputation according to my son's fiancé. Our server was knowledgeable and efficient. I have only good things to say about this venue. Excellent food, nice atmosphere, quiet and comfortable.

“Best Burger PDX style”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Farm is fresh. These folks have been doing the organic, local sourcing since '03 and have a great cadre of suppliers. The place is small so make a reservation or be prepared to eat off the full menu in the bar. The appetizers are creative and savory. The baked brie is worth the wait. Try clams and mussels keep you occupied with your cocktail while your brie bubbles.
Moving on, the beet salad is the next stop. Follow it with the famous burger of the veggie persuasion, voted "best in the country" by the Food Network and prone to being sold out. Sometimes they just run out of buns, also fresh baked to perfection, so order it without.
Dessert is whatever you have room for and you will clean the plate. The bar always has a selection of local craft beers and distillery offerings so hang around for a nightcap. The Farm is PDX at its most notorious, burger-wise, with a side of fries.

2 Thank jay r
Portland, Oregon
“Great atmosphere and wonderful food”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Best salads, especially beets and arugula. Yumm. Delicious ravioli that they change up. Desserts not their thing, though. Great bar and outdoor patio in the summer. We often eat at the bar which is fun.

One of our very favorite restaurants. We often bring friends and family to experience the Farm Cafe.

Portland, Oregon
“Excellent food and service, okay prices”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

You'll pay a little more for local and knowing where your food comes from while you're in Portland. We walked in on a Friday night at 6:30pm, and although the majority of tables were reserved(I can't say ALL of them, but I didn't see one that wasn't), the hostess immediately found us seating in the back bar. Nice romantic, comfy seating, they still have tables back near the bar that aren't up in the bartender's face.

Our server was down to earth, attentive without being clingy, and our food came out far faster than we thought. Turned out great because we had somewhere to be! I had the braised greens and goat cheese ravioli and my husband had the whole trout that was pan fried. We both wished we had each ordered each other's dishes. Impeccable flavor. The complementary items served with the trout made each bite perfect. My ravioli was slightly tart and the quality of the pasta dough itself was evident in each bite.

I'm a cheapskate. I wish it had been cheaper. Each dish is approx. $14-16. That really isn't bad. BUT, they carry alot of local Portland brewers and you'll get a very full pint for $5. All of em. That's a steal for all the cities I've lived in.

Visited December 2012