“Great Family Restaurant”

Asia Kitchen
Ranked #2,084 of 4,430 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed March 31, 2012

This place doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside it was clean and had a warm, well-kept feel to it. Like many chinese restaurants, decor didn't seem to be a high priority, but it wasn't ratty either.

The food was good with huge portions at a low price. We ate family style, sharing four meals between five people, three of them teenage boys...and we still had enough leftovers to give us all lunch again the next day.

The service was warm and friendly. We blew through our first pot of tea in about five minutes, and the waitress cheerfully brought us two pots the next time without even being asked. We will definitely be back. I wish I had discovered this place years ago.

The restaurant is in Gresham, near the light rail train in one of the poorer sections of town. That might account for the previous reviewers feeling of unease. There is likely more crime in this arean than many other areas of Portland. That being said, I commute to work downtown every day and have parked in the area for years and never felt threatened or unsafe. .

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Bad food, bad service, old icky interior, felt oddly unsafe in there, like it would get robbed or have a drug deal go down at any minute. Don't know why I felt that way; just did. We won't be back. Pity, too - when I was kid this place was great!