“Hidden Gem in Sellwood”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Opa Pizzaria

Opa Pizzaria
Ranked #619 of 4,252 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Gem in Sellwood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

I was visiting a friend in Portland. We were craving a good pizza. He took us to his favorite local pizza restaurant, Opa Pizzaria. Oh dear, were we rewarded with a fantastic lunch. We ordered a Greek Chicken and a Meat Combo. The Greek Chicken was a work of art, and super tasty. The Meat combo was a fantastic, non-greasy, carnivore's delight. Highly recommended if you are visiting this quaint neighborhood.

Visited January 2014

Austin, Texas
“Opa!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We were wandering the Sellwood area doing the tourist thing when my sweetie saw the sign for Opa. "I'm hungry" she says. "I want pizza." she says. So in we go.

I'm looking over the menu for something when I see 'Gyro Pizza'. Hmmmmm says I to meself. This sounds yummy. Then she says to me "I want the Gyro Pizza!" and so the answer is clear.

We got the small. We took two pieces home. The crust is light and crisp. It was like eating a yummy open faced gyro. We likes!

If you're anywhere near Opa, you need to try them! They even do orders to go!

“Surprise in Sellwood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

What a lovely discovery In Sellwood. This small, family owned and operated pizza restaurant offers a lot more than pizza. My husband and I are gluten free and we truly enjoyed our pizza. The crust is made by hand by the owner and is really yummy.

Tony and Susie, the owners, have created a very warm and welcoming neighborhood restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
“Great Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Wonderful pizza with great ingredients. Locations are many and atmosphere is cool.

Visited February 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Best gluten free pizza in Portland - now Sellwood Pizza Kitchen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

The name has changed, but the owners are the same. It's now called Sellwood Pizza Kitchen. The gluten free crust is by far the best we've tried in the city. My partner actually said she prefered it to a normal crust (though I sense she may have been fibbing just a little!). For someone who can't eat gluten, their gluten free crust is a far cry from the mealy, puffy, somewhat tasteless crusts at other spots. It's light, crispy, and full of flavor. The Mellow Portabello is our favorite. The salads are all good - we love the addition of the sun dried tomatos on the caprese. Service has always been fast and pleasant, but then we're regulars. We've heard from friends that at times the male half of the ownership can be in a cranky mood...but don't let it turn you away from the best gluten free pizza in the city!

Visited January 2012