“Okay but not spectacular”
Review of Francis Xavier's Restaurant - CLOSED

Francis Xavier's Restaurant
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Had dinner at Francis Xavier's one evening last week while traveling through Portland. Service was okay and staff friendly but nothing extraordinary. Menu was your basic NW cuisine, heavy on seafood but everything was well prepared and reasonably priced. Overall it was good but not a place I would intentionally go out of my way to visit again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Very generous portions. Tasty food, nice waiters, no wait to be seated. What else would you want from a breakfast/brunch restaurant on the corner next to the hotel? Absolutely satisfied and would definitely recommend.
We had crepes, salmon egg Benedict and plenty of coffee.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I thought this restaurant was a steakhouse and an expensive one as well. I was wandering around Portland and saw this place while looking for a cheap gas station to fill up my rental car. I had a long wait before my flight and wanted something really good like a nice steak.

I hit gold when I saw their menu. It was very inexpensive & served breakfast all day. The hash-browns were to die for. They used shredded baked potatoes cut kinda large. The service was steakhouse good and it was quick. I got the manager's card to make sure I could write this review. My Mom & stepdad were breakfast cooks & they would love Francis Xavier's.

They probably have a bar but I didn't see it. I did use the bathroom & it was clean as was everything else in this establishment. I will fly into Portland again and I will keep their card to make sure I eat there. I ate alone but would take my family there in a heartbeat.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I normally go to the bar for lunch or dinner. Wait staff is great in there. I've eaten breakfast in the restaurant also and the staff is good there also.

1  Thank Ellana R
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had an order that we called in to pick up for our lunch our. The food was mediocre.. I had the french dip and my coworker had the club sandwich. It was awkward to walk in there and not be greeted right away by an employee who wasn't helping anyone. Finally they asked me what I needed and then took payment for the food. It was a bit overpriced for the value of service and "ok" food...