“If you like New York”
Review of New York New York - CLOSED

New York New York
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 13, 2010

You'll love it here. This place is a throw back to the old New York with an Italian Twist. Though the owner who is from New York and Italian descent but has never step foot in Italy, this place is as authentic as you'll find anywhere. From the atmosphere to the food to the language. Close your eyes, or open them if you dare, and you’ll be transported back to the Bronx. Pasquale, the owner, is as Real as they come. Relax, sit back and enjoy. Oh by the way, the food is great!

1  Thank alainbor
There are newer reviews for New York New York

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
portland oregon
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Great family owned/run spot on SW Barbur. Owner makes a killer Caesar table side - don't miss it!. Very old school, red and white checked table cloths, lovely NY style pies. Don't miss out!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 9, 2008

If you are looking for authentic New York style pizza, this is the place to go. They are so nice and friendly, they treat you like family. The owner is an old Italian New Yorker who is really nice and fun to talk and hear stories from. They also have some hot subs that are super good. I am not even a big fan of meatball subs but theirs are too good not to become one. My favorite is the Harlem Globetrotter which has italian sausage, homemade meatballs, awesome sauce and mozzerella cheese. Mmmm. We get their pizza all the time and I think its some of the best New York style pizza you can get in Portland. I definitely reccomend this restaurant. Often when I've gone in there they have a singer that adds fun & ambiance to the little Italian restaurant. I have also been to the bigger one in Tigard and it is also excellent.

1  Thank iLUV0reg0n
Reviewed October 7, 2007

Ordered pizza and calzone to go. Arrived at restaurant and payed for my meal and right thereafter was advised that my pizza had been burned. The staff person apologized profusely, however reassured me that the calzone was ok and that they would make me another pizza pie. After patiently waiting for 25 minutes the boxed up food items were brought out. I very nievely left the restaurant with the food. On my way home, I opened up my calzone box and noticed that it had also been burned. I calmly called the restaurant and was supposed to receive a call back regarding a refund for my calzone and never did. The quality of the pizza was terrible and cleanliness in the dining area was questionable. Will not go back or recommend this establishment to others.

2  Thank localcustopmer