“Louie, Louie, Louie, Lou I”

Dan and Louis Oyster Bar
Ranked #283 of 4,385 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town - Chinatown
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Nice size dishes. Presentation is everything. Hadn't been here in years. Took some out of town friends to check out our seafood.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

If you like raw oysters on the half-shell, this it he place for you. Also, if you like historic restaurants with old celeb photos on the walls. This one has a black-and-white shot of Casey Stengel when he was managing the Oakland Oaks. That was a long time ago -- you could look it up.

Martinis go great with raw oysters. So do Negronis and beer on tap. They have all.

If you like your shellfish cooked, try the Oysters Rockefeller, the Steamed Manila Clams or the Oyster Stews. All excellent.

1  Thank Pepi25_11
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I've been going to this restaurant for fifty plus years and it has always been consistent. I happen to live on the Oregon Coast, but this place is, by far, one of the best seafood restaurants in the state hands down. a usual, I had the oyster stew with double the oysters. My wife had the crab and shrimp stew. We shared Oyster Rockefeller. The dining room hasn't changed in decades and is a history lesson of sorts, of Oregon seafood legacy. I never tire of Dan & Louis' but next time I'll remember not to go during the Sunday Market.

2  Thank dkbrodigan
Reviewed May 3, 2013

A wonderful century old building and restaurant with a lot of memorabilia and the typical seafood fried items. Crab Louis is the standard, but be prepared to pay for it!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Whether it has been for happy hour, a late breakfast, or dinner, the food has always been exceptional. I used to go there quite a bit with my friend and have Makers Mark manhattans. The (female) always remembered how we liked them and has a great sense of humor. Hope that she's still there! Be back soon!

Been to Dan and Louis Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!