“A Bit of Italy”

Dining options: Reservations
Santa Maria, California
“A Bit of Italy”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have dined here several times and always have had excellent service and delicious food for a reasonable price. Three of my favorite things in a restaurant! This time we had calzone with a bottle of red wine and it was delizioso! At Amalfi's, it was a like a trip to an Italian ristorante without the need for a passport!

• Visited July 2013

Beaverton, Oregon
“Great Atmosphere and Excellent Food”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I've been going to Amalfi's for over 35 years, back to when it was just a little dumpy place with great pizza and a clock on the wall that ran backwards. Over the years, they've REALLY updated the place to the point where they're now an upscale, trendy NE Portland neighborhood restaurant. They're very popular, and almost always busy - this is both a blessing and a curse. The pizza is round, but cut into square pieces (except, of course, around the edges of the pie). Their calzone is outstanding - either their house version or the version you build yourself from their ingredient list. They've got a really outstanding selection of wine, and a very nice (but almost always crowded) bar. Parking is a pain, as the place holds WAY more than their parking lot can accommodate. This can put you out on the neighborhood streets - it's not a crumby neighborhood, but depending on the frequent rainy weather in Portland, your walk to the front door may be a bit soggy. Amalfi's also has at least one banquet room upstairs for larger groups, but that has been known to slow the food delivery in the main restaurant when it's in use. Because they're so popular, it's seldom a place for a quiet dinner. The service has always been very friendly, and willing to split checks for larger groups. If you want to bake your pizza at home, they offer take-and-bake at no extra charge. Other, more traditional Italian dishes are also very well done, but I'm usually going for the pizza or calzone. My wife and I make it there, from Beaverton, 4 - 5 times / year, and we've never been disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
Oregon City, Oregon
“NOT your chain Italian restaurant!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Amalfi's has been a Portland icon for many years. It has evolved into an attractive modern restaurant and the food has remained outstanding! After years of visiting a couple chain Italian restaurants near to our house, never being truly impressed with the food or service, we decided to head off the 20 miles to Amalfi's. What a fantastic result! The service was great, and our waiter, Patrick, was the best. Price? We were surprised that the quality and value was not any more than the chains and it included dessert! Portions were large enough to take home a second meal. I would recommend this to anyone local as well as visitors to Portland. We'll certainly be going back there soon.

• Visited February 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
“Nice staff, atmosphere, and GOOD FOOD!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

A large group of us went to Amalfi's for dinner last night to celebrate a birthday. The staff were friendly and helpful, with great knowledge and advice about the menu. I loved the appetizers; my salmon and shrimp salad and drink were sooooo good too! Special candlelit desserts were brought out to the birthday girl and the group. The ambiance is lovely, arranged so that you can have a romantic, family, or group dinner, but not interfere with each other!

• Visited February 2013
seaside oregon
“Downhill through the years”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have been going to Amalfi's since I was a kid walking home from school. Through the years I have watched the remodels and upgrades, but the pizza is still consistent. I now live two hours away, but for our anniversary, we decided to rent a room and go to Amalfi's. We wanted to eat in the dining room, but the hostess totally ignored us (and others) so we decided to eat in the Lounge. My wife's ravioli arrived cold to the point that the grated cheese wouldn't melt. The pizza arrived ten minutes later and was the wrong pizza. They could make another but would take half an hour. I said no. We then ordered a take and bake which came cooked. They had three servers rotating our table, so we never got to know "our server" because we weren't sure which one was ours. The servers realized this was a mess and they did comp the pizza I didn't order. After fifty years of going to Amailfi's, the shine as finally dulled. It appears they have trade quality and customer service for chic and trendy.

• Visited January 2013