“Best hamburger, best price”
Review of Jake's Grill

Jake's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 4,341 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Alder
Transit: Directly across the street at SW 10th and Alder
Eugene, Oregon
“Best hamburger, best price”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have always liked the food at Jake's Grill-the pot roast is superb-but I am not usually a Happy Hour kind of guy. But one Happy Hour menu at Jake's and now I time myself to get there between 4 and 6 and order a cheeseburger and beer. It's a great place to go with a spouse or date or a friend, sit up at a copper top table and eat the best cheeseburger and fries anywhere. I love the bread and butter pickles and always ask for two ketch ups (I like the little elegant touch that that the ketchup is not a bottle plunked down but served in small serving sized bowls). waitstaff couldn't be friendlier even with meal prices actually less than a fast food chain. I try to double tip or more for the excellent service i even the busiest times.great atmosphere (use the rest rooms-a trip back to the old Northwest) great service, great food, great price. Why am I writing this? I should keep Jake's Grill to myself!

Visited April 2014

Astoria, Oregon, United States
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We walked by at night and had to go back for breakfast to check this place out. Glad we did the inside was such a great place to see with all the dark wood and mosaic tile floor. Some really beautiful art work on the ceilings too. Even if you just walk through the building you will enjoy the views, oh yeah and breakfast was good too!

• Visited April 2014
Medford, Oregon
“Mid afternoon relaxation”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stopped in about 2:30 pm for a late lunch. I took advantage of the happy hour menu- substantial saving over regular prices. Food was great, waitress was attentive and the atmosphere was quiet at that time. It was also fun looking around the attached hotel lobby.

• Visited March 2014
Salem, Oregon
“Awsome Breakfast/ Will try dinner next time!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

After not so good of a stay in the attached hotel , My wife and I decided to try breakfast at Jake's Grill in the a.m. We have to say it was one of the best breakfasts we have ever had in downtown Portland. We enjoyed fantastic fresh baked biscuits with homemade raspberry jam and we each ordered the seafood eggs benedict. The shrimp and crab were prepared like a crab cake. Absolutely delicious!! Will definitely return for breakfast and will try dinner at Jake's the next time we visit Portland.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Taylor H
Grants Pass, Oregon
“A landmark”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Solid, tasty (but not exceptional) food in a noisy, vibrant place - I had a decent carpaccio and a slightly-tired but well-accompanied sashimi tonight. (I'm certain the dinner rolls are nuked, but if they're not, they're just not good.)

If you're lucky enough to have Corie as your server, you're in for a treat. I don't know her, but have seen her there before; watching her work in the Saturday night Jake's is amazing; flawless.

• Visited February 2014